Forfar v Raith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were shite today, zero intensity to our play. Our dangerous players didn’t get in the game enough; Barr, Vaughan, Buchanan all quiet. Poor mistake from Davidson losing the flight of the ball at the penalty, leaves us perilously short at the back again next week. Is there not some rule about not penalising a team by giving a red card and a penalty? Have I made that up? How does that work?

We were shite today, zero intensity to our play. Our dangerous players didn’t get in the game enough; Barr, Vaughan, Buchanan all quiet. Poor mistake from Davidson losing the flight of the ball at the penalty, leaves us perilously short at the back again next week. Is there not some rule about not penalising a team by giving a red card and a penalty? Have I made that up? How does that work?

If it's a genuine attempt to get the ball only a yellow and a penalty.

Supposed to be a yellow if the referee deems it to be an accident, red if a deliberate foul or serious foul play.

Gonna get in here before the unruly mob come out in force with their pitchforks and torches, but I feel sorry for davo in the penalty incident. I feel Smith should have come and dealt with the situation. Would have to see it again, but I don’t think it was all down to davo. Although he didn’t cover himself in glory by conceding the foul, but if smith had come off his line to deal with it I feel we would’ve stayed 11 men on the park and possible still 1-0 up. As for the rest of the game we were brutal in the final third. Nothing more can really be said about it

Gonna get in here before the unruly mob come out in force with their pitchforks and torches, but I feel sorry for davo in the penalty incident. I feel Smith should have come and dealt with the situation. Would have to see it again, but I don’t think it was all down to davo. Although he didn’t cover himself in glory by conceding the foul, but if smith had come off his line to deal with it I feel we would’ve stayed 11 men on the park and possible still 1-0 up. As for the rest of the game we were brutal in the final third. Nothing more can really be said about it

Totally agree with this. The initial error, misjudging the flight of the ball was a bit of a gaffe, but I was expecting Smith to come out and claim it, as was Davidson judging by his body language.

Instead, he retreated back to his line and See was straight through. Hopefully Lennox and Benedictus are back soon.

Spot on about Smith. The ball ended in the middle of the box and Smith was glued to his line. Davo should've done better but yet again another example of how badly we need Lennox back and Smith out of the club.

We were terrible today and Forfar thoroughly deserved their point. Could easily have been worse at the end. Thought that header was in.

We lacked any kind of intensity in our play and I really need Smith to explain our tactics today. Don't think I've ever seen a team playing against wind that strong constantly punting it forward. It might've worked if we had a big 6'5 striker up top but not Buchanan. I feel we're playing completely against his strengths just now. He needs to be in the box more and the ball at his feet. He's not a target man yet Smith seems to think he is.

We need to lose this billy big time attitude we seem to have had a few games this season. Today it looked like the players thought they could just turn up against a team low on confidence, bottom of the table, and win with ease.

Finally why are we insisting on keeping Zanatta. He comes on, tries to run past a player, realises he can't, and falls to the ground. It's the same ever week. I'd rather Osei got a chance than him.

On the Sending off, I can see what people are saying about Smith should have came out to claim it although i thought the ball landed too far out for Smith but anyway even if he should have come for it, he didn't. What followed was something you wouldn't expect to see at Sunday League level. If Davo just let him through, the keeper had a chance to save a one on one or at worst case scenario, he scores and we're 1-1 but we would have 11 men on that park. That's the crucial part.

After the sending off, we were forced to take a striker off and go defensive.

At that point, we were relying on Vaughan for a piece of magic that just wasn't coming off for him today.

That's 2 points dropped because of another howler by him. I don't care about the fact that he misjudged the ball or that smith should have came out to claim it. These are mistakes that happen all the time at our level. However, bringing See down should never have been an option though.

Archived