East Fife vs Arbroath

Absolutely disgraceful from some of our fans and one in particular for the abuse directed at DC today. He is a manager of a small club with no divine right to win every game not some sort of super messiah. Yes he made some mistakes today but who hasn't at some time. As one Fife fan shouted " You weren't moaning last week when you win 7-1". Those same fans were probably at Stirling last season when the team built by DC won the league. So come on guys, have a reality check and support the club including the manager.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, relichtie said:

Absolutely disgraceful from some of our fans and one in particular for the abuse directed at DC today. He is a manager of a small club with no divine right to win every game not some sort of super messiah. Yes he made some mistakes today but who hasn't at some time. As one Fife fan shouted " You weren't moaning last week when you win 7-1". Those same fans were probably at Stirling last season when the team built by DC won the league. So come on guys, have a reality check and support the club including the manager.

Great post ! If anyone had offered you to be sitting 4th after 11 games before the season started you would have grabbed it ! This League has shown numerous times already this season that all the part-time teams are capable of beating each other. Enjoy the wins when they come along and remember no manager or players go out to lose the game. The joys of supporting a provincial club.

For Arbroath see EF last week V Alloa.  Go  1-0 up early on against a team struggling to get things together. Don’t press home the advantage, give away soft goals and end up we’ll beat.

Obviously can’t pass any meaningful opinion on Arbroath’ s week to week mentality but at 1-0 it seemed to be a case of “this is a piece of bun. Let’s stroll about for a while then take them to bits” but that backfired big time.

Full marks to EF for a great second half. Arbroath huffed and puffed against 10 men but never really posed a threat.

Reserve judgement on Wilkies sending off.  Page booking was soft and Duggan’s booking for brushing against the keeper was a joke especially after some of the ‘keepers nonsense.

Finally for people scared of clowns don’t watch Arbroath. They have one playing in goals. He must be a candidate for the next Balloon d’Or. Perhaps a bit more concentration on goalkeeping and less on when the next circus is in town.

Poor day today,so many Arbroath players had an off day today,so many mistakes for the goals.Every player is allowed an off week every so often.Had a great season so far,hopefully we're back to normal next week.

10 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Having reviewed the incident, never a sending off in a month of Sunday's

Ref couldn’t get the red card out his pocket quick enough ! Should have checked Hamilton was ok and taken time to think and consult with assistants. Appeal likely ? It’s like these guys are on a productivity bonus for dishing out red and yellow cards ! Since when was Huttons Karate Kid stance with his studs showing acceptable ? 

Ref actually had a word with Hutton about the foot up incident & his attempt to scythe down Hurst after an offside decision. Dick claiming first goal was a deflection but Duggan says he saw Hutton go walkabout so just passed it into the net.

The idiots who abuse their own team and managers need their brain cells checked. Both of them.
It's okay to shout and voice displeasure but not abuse. Crikey, it was only a couple of seasons ago we were staring at the abyss. The Shire were the only team below us and they haven't come back. Since then DC has turned us into a league winning team and now challenging for promotion to the championship.
If the abuse was too far over the line then name and shame the culprits. It's those idiots that can cause Managers and Players to leave a club and I for one am quite happy with where we are just now and how we are playing. It's a competitive league, a step up in class, we're going to have difficult days.

Just watched the Arbroath highlights (ours to follow). What a finish from Chris Duggan for the equaliser! Eye of the needle stuff from a very tight angle. Yes, the keeper's positioning wasn't the best but Chris's decision-making after spotting the opportunity, and subsequent execution deserves credit...  

Photograph's from today's game - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157687678150121

You couldn't make it up - Win the league, assemble the most talented Arbroath squad in years, go 399 days unbeaten away from home in the league, record wins of 7-1, 6-2 and a 5-0 in the last 5 weeks and still "Arbroath" fans abusing our manager for not making a substitution earlier!

24146987078_2ee8e773f2_o.jpg

6 hours ago, relichtie said:

Well said. I would have to question the term "fans" to describe the people who give such abuse towards players & manager. Has it got to the point now where with recent success & a few massive wins in past few weeks, the expectation/performance level has been set too high.

Regarding substitutions, all Lichties should know by now it's not a particular strength of DC.

Anyway, a better defensive performance needed next time out.

Well said. I would have to question the term "fans" to describe the people who give such abuse towards players & manager. Has it got to the point now where with recent success & a few massive wins in past few weeks, the expectation/performance level has been set too high.
Regarding substitutions, all Lichties should know by now it's not a particular strength of DC.
Anyway, a better defensive performance needed next time out.

Tbf there wasn't anything towards the players, funnily enough, considering they were the ones out on the park actually playing.

But still the players all love DC, a lot of them wouldn't have came here without him being here.

There's been a massive feel good factor between the players, management and fans for a long time now and in one swoop they arseholes shouting that pish have ruined that.

Sure the players, like the majority of fans, would've been embarrassed and pretty pissed off by it all too. What a way to behave after how spoilt we've been, as SBC points out we've had a phenomenal record. A horrendous half an hour and there's clowns behaving like that.

I hope DC and the players realise that the vast majority of us appreciate the work they're doing. You need to remember at this level these guys are knocking their pan in working during the week. Off days will happen, they certainly don't deserve shite like that after just our 2nd away defeat in 414 days. Ffs.

I know how I'd be feeling if I was a player or part of the management team today. I'd be absolutely seething.

Absolutely mental that there were Arbroath fans having a go at Dick Campbell. What the f**k do these morons expect? Nothing less than winning every game? He's transformed Arbroath from utter dog shite to one of the best part time teams in the country in less than two years.

The Arbroath Muppets who abused DC should be named and shamed and hung up to dry by the decent supporters! Yes Arbroath were poor yesterday but even Barca have an off day!

I really didn't expect to cruise to victory against an impressive Arbroath side who have surprised me and many others but I was delighted with the 3 points. I missed Wilkies sending off so I can't comment but people around me said it looked quite harsh so hopefully we can lodge a successful appeal so he can feature next week.

I really hope our players turn up next week and make a game of it and the stay away supporters can return. We have been very inconsistent this season but sitting 3rd in league at this stage is a brilliant effort from everyone. Mon the Fife!

Dick Campbell has done an absolutely brilliant job for us, anyone who thinks otherwise is daft. 

Unfortunately we have some utter balloons in our support, never going to change.

not much between the teams, some calamitous defending cost us taking something, Hamilton was woeful which is very unlike him. 

Decent game in very windy conditions. Bobby Linn took his goal really well and didn’t think there was much in it until Arbroath’s sloppy defending in the second half. 3rd goal from Lamont was classy, great composure and finish. I also can’t unferstand why Arbroath fans were going crazy, they’ve had a good start to the season for a newly promoted team.

Archived