East Fife vs Arbroath

The Lichties coming off a thumping home win over Airdrie while the men from Methil are licking their wounds after a 4-1 defeat at Alloa.

I fully expect the same starting XI for us and hopefully a win at Bayview to revenge our defeat earlier this season at Gayfield.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were absolutely horrible in that first game between us going into the wind. As were they, could've finished 6 all.

Expect a much better game this time round, we seem to play some really nice stuff on the Astro and the new miniature pitch they seem to have installed should suit McCord and Swankie and hopefully let them play some nice stuff. [emoji6]

Fancy us to score a couple, always do. Just need to keep them out at other end.

Fed up of these stupid outdated rules set by the spfl. I live about 200 miles away and work most Saturdays so can't get to many games, but because I live in the uk I can't get the live footage. Would have subscribed to that in a heartbeat.

Heading along to this on Saturday. Arbroath's goalscoring rate, coupled with the fact we've conceded 12 in our last 3 has me thinking this could be a nightmare watch. Anyone know if that's Page back from his suspension? 

9 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Heading along to this on Saturday. Arbroath's goalscoring rate, coupled with the fact we've conceded 12 in our last 3 has me thinking this could be a nightmare watch. Anyone know if that's Page back from his suspension? 

Page IS back from suspension.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:54, m4d said:

Great initiative by east fife though. Well done.

Just noticed you have 37 likes fae 29 posts,.....................................you must be good!! :lol:

Arbroath are a tidy team, gave us a hard game at Stark's.Hope your defenders are up for a tough game, that plus the high winds  at Methil on Saturday, could be a tasty match

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

21mph winds according to the Met Office. Windier than last week, although Gayfield is an absolute wind tunnel so it's hard to compare.

Slightly more than a moderate breeze. Pongo 44 yarder imo.

That's the problem there, so is New Bayview.

Could be a crazy game!!

Outside the UK & ROI? Want to watch Saturday’s game? EFTV are live streaming the match for only £5. Both sets of supporters are welcome to view.

To sign up, go to eastfifefc.info > Shop > EFTV online and purchase the game. A link to view the match will be sent by email on Saturday morning

62c3512ec145dc4897f9349135530ca1.jpg

On 24/10/2017 at 12:54, m4d said:

Fed up of these stupid outdated rules set by the spfl. I live about 200 miles away and work most Saturdays so can't get to many games, but because I live in the uk I can't get the live footage. Would have subscribed to that in a heartbeat.

It's not set by the SPFL - it's UK law, hence why there are no English Premier League matches televised at 3pm on Saturdays. 

It's not set by the SPFL - it's UK law, hence why there are no English Premier League matches televised at 3pm on Saturdays. 

No games are allowed televised between 3-5.15 I’m sure. I remember a Real - Barca game kicked off at 5 and sky could only show it from 5.15. I’m sure we skelped Montrose that day as well

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

No games are allowed televised between 3-5.15 I’m sure. I remember a Real - Barca game kicked off at 5 and sky could only show it from 5.15. I’m sure we skelped Montrose that day as well

That's narrowed it down considerably. Excluding the Forfarshire Cup and friendlies, there's at least 60 potential dates to pick from...

Archived