Sofa so good

Hursty

On 22/10/2017 at 20:05, Hursty said:

Looking for a reasonably priced sofa / general living room furniture stockist recommendation, so thought the good people of P&B were a great place to start. Any ideas?

Not a stockist recommendation as such, more a specific type of sofa suggestion:

If the budget stretches, have you had a look at Stressless sofas?  The Wave or Arion have a modern look about them.  Very comfortable and they are designed to recline using your body weight.  

You can get different grades of leather but I personally think the Batick leather is best.  It is not only the hardest wearing but also the cheapest.  3 seaters in batick leather start about £3k but there are usually sales on every so often.  Sounds a lot  but they really are designed to last.  You’d easy get 15 - 20 years out of one of their sofas.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

If the budget stretches, have you had a look at Stressless sofas?  The Wave or Arion have a modern look about them.  Very comfortable and they are designed to recline using your body weight.  

You can get different grades of leather but I personally think the Batick leather is best.  It is not only the hardest wearing but also the cheapest.  3 seaters in batick leather start about £3k but there are usually sales on every so often.  Sounds a lot  but they really are designed to last.  You’d easy get 15 - 20 years out of one of their sofas.

Not the sofa but we’ve got a Stressless recliner chair. Mrs a-p’s uncle got it from some place in Edinburgh a wee bit before he passed away and we ‘acquired’ it from the house clearance. 

Would I spend £1200 on a chair and footstool? Nae danger! But is if the comfiest chair I’ve ever sat on and can I see it lasting 20+ years? Absolutely. 

17 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Not the sofa but we’ve got a Stressless recliner chair. Mrs a-p’s uncle got it from some place in Edinburgh a wee bit before he passed away and we ‘acquired’ it from the house clearance. 

Would I spend £1200 on a chair and footstool? Nae danger! But is if the comfiest chair I’ve ever sat on and can I see it lasting 20+ years? Absolutely. 

Dead man's chair! Did his gear fit you alright?

On 28/09/2020 at 18:45, Shadow Play said:

This is chilling if you read it in a Patrick Bateman voice.

45 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It's nice how the bots call everyone mate now.

They seem to be getting smarter too. They've learned to select a football team when singing up. 

The latest one, based in New Mexico, was a big fan of Bishopmill United, it would appear. 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

They seem to be getting smarter too. They've learned to select a football team when singing up. 

The latest one, based in New Mexico, was a big fan of Bishopmill United, it would appear. 

Looking forward to the first bot mod. That day can't be far away.