Celtc v Motherwell | League Cup Final

Mon Dieu

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we defend against Celtic the way we did against Rangers we will be torn up for toilet paper. That's the realistic view here.

The optimistic standpoint is that as long as we are still in the Cup we can still win the Cup and on the day anything can happen. Needless to say we need to play the game of our lives and hope that Celtic have the mother of all off days, but even then there is every chance Celtic would still come out on top given the gulf in quality. 

It's a Cup Final, a free hit, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain so we just need to be at the top of our game and the game will take its course.

How about we give Celtic the two league wins and we take the cup home?

I suppose their unbeaten run has to end at some point but we'll need a shit tonne of luck to beat them. They'll have to work hard for it anyway.

This is my third final. We lost the other two 5-1 and 3-0 so hopefully third time lucky.

I'd take that no worries. They can beat us 10-0 in both the league games for all I care, as long as we win the Cup Final against them. 

If we are to stand any chance then we need to tighten up at the back and not give away possession so easily in the middle of the park. Had we been playing Celtic today we would have been 3-0 down at half time given the way we allowed Rangers to play the ball over the top like they did. We will need luck too, that goes without saying, they will need to have the mother of all off days and we will need to play the game of our lives. It's unlikely we will win, but nothing is impossible.

I'd take that no worries. They can beat us 10-0 in both the league games for all I care, as long as we win the Cup Final against them. 
If we are to stand any chance then we need to tighten up at the back and not give away possession so easily in the middle of the park. Had we been playing Celtic today we would have been 3-0 down at half time given the way we allowed Rangers to play the ball over the top like they did. We will need luck too, that goes without saying, they will need to have the mother of all off days and we will need to play the game of our lives. It's unlikely we will win, but nothing is impossible.

Is this the kind of shite you are going to troll out all the way to the final. Try and back your club (if you really are a well fan) or shut the f**k up. We all know there is a gulf in the level both teams play at but for f**k sake try a little positivity. We have got there by beating both a/deen and rangers, while scoring 5 & conceding 0 in the last 2 rounds. I'm confident we'll go out there and go for it. Let's see what happens. COYW. [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471].

Hopefully Motherwell spring a surprise. Haven't seen much of them this season (don't have BT), are they the sort of side that could shitfest their way to a draw with ten men behind the ball, or would they be better just attacking and hoping for the best?

17 minutes ago, well91 said:

Is this the kind of shite you are going to troll out all the way to the final. Try and back your club (if you really are a well fan) or shut the f**k up. We all know there is a gulf in the level both teams play at but for f**k sake try a little positivity. We have got there by beating both a/deen and rangers, while scoring 5 & conceding 0 in the last 2 rounds. I'm confident we'll go out there and go for it. Let's see what happens. COYW. emoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji471.png.

What part of anything I said do you disagree with? Or is indeed incorrect? It is a FACT that Celtic would need to have a major off day in order for us to win; it is a FACT that we will need to play the game of our lives and it is a FACT that we would need a lot of luck on the day. As I said, nothing is impossible (that was positivity) and it's a one off game, a free hit and on the day, anything can happen but realistically it is unlikely given the gulf in class. Yesterday was fantastic but had we allowed Celtic to play the ball over the top of us like we did against Rangers then they have players whom would have punished us for it and I defy anyone to contradict that.

What part of anything I said do you disagree with? Or is indeed incorrect? It is a FACT that Celtic would need to have a major off day in order for us to win; it is a FACT that we will need to play the game of our lives and it is a FACT that we would need a lot of luck on the day. As I said, nothing is impossible (that was positivity) and it's a one off game, a free hit and on the day, anything can happen but realistically it is unlikely given the gulf in class. Yesterday was fantastic but had we allowed Celtic to play the ball over the top of us like we did against Rangers then they have players whom would have punished us for it and I defy anyone to contradict that.

It's a FACT that you constantly look for reasons pre match that 'well are going to lose almost every game. Try a bit more optomisim whilst supporting the team. Unless the reactions you get on here is what you are looking for. Then in that case that makes you someone who is really sadly lacking somewhere in your personal life. Good luck with your constant pessimism. I on the other hand will remain a happy clapper and revel in the positives of being a motherwell fan.

That's fine, you want to be a happy clapper and ignore reality, batter in. I prefer a more realistic approach on the other hand.

We were poor yesterday, nowhere near as good as we were against Aberdeen in fact but fortunately Rangers weren't good enough to punish us, but Celtic almost certainly will be unless we play a lot better on the day.

It is easy to get lost in the euphoria of yesterday, I know i did, but the performance was not good overall. In the first half Cadden and Campbell weren't in the game at all, as we hoofed it about in what seemed panic for the first half an hour and thus Moult couldn't get into the game either apart from his effort which the keeper touched round the post. Cedric Kipre was HORRIFIC for the most part and was way off the pace and all over the place. I know now he was playing through illness but had he played like that up against Scott Sinclair or Patrick Roberts...it wouldn't have been pleasant.

The Cup Final will take care of itself, we just need to make sure we are right up for it - I'm sure we will be - and every single one of our players on the day need to be at the top of their game. If that happens, we will have a slim chance.

I can see Motherwell troubling the Celtic defence, particularly if Simunovic is still injured. Would be very surprised however if Celtic don't score a few themselves. Should be a decent game.

It goes without saying that this will be a much tougher test than yesterday.

Celtic are miles ahead of every other side in Scotland but it's a final and you never know.

I'll be there for the piss up and atmosphere and hopefully it's at least a decent day out.

I can't really think about this at the moment (mostly hangover related) - but there is no pressure on 'Well here and few will give us a chance. My only wish at the outset is that (just as we have against Aberdeen and Rangers) we turn up and make a game of it - unlike the utter damp squib in our Scottish Cup final against Celtic in 2012. Other than that, of the 3 other sides that were in the draw for the semi's with Celtic, 'Well on current form will arguably give them the toughest game.

Also, if the club can see their way clear to having a special section for grannies, aunties and other assorted day-trippers that don't really care about the result - an anti-singing section if you will - that would be great. The atmosphere was brilliant in the 'Well end yesterday as, even though the crowd was double our normal, most seemed really up for it and cup finals tend to dilute that...

Archived