Celtc v Motherwell | League Cup Final

Mon Dieu

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

Let's request the Jock Stein end that was so lucky yesterday and a wee shot of the home dressing room :)

On that point, before yesterday have we ever won at Hampden when we've had the 'Celtic end'?

In 1991 both the Semi & the Final we were up the other end and the only other time we've won at Hampden between then and yesterday was the St.Johnstone Semi when we were in the same end of the ground. 

Any time we've been up the east end in my time supporting Motherwell it's always been when we've been playing Rangers and obviously yesterday was the first time we've ever beaten them at Hampden so I have no memory of us witnessing victory from Hampden's East End before.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MJC said:

On that point, before yesterday have we ever won at Hampden when we've had the 'Celtic end'?

In 1991 both the Semi & the Final we were up the other end and the only other time we've won at Hampden between then and yesterday was the St.Johnstone Semi when we were in the same end of the ground. 

Any time we've been up the east end in my time supporting Motherwell it's always been when we've been playing Rangers and obviously yesterday was the first time we've ever beaten them at Hampden so I have no memory of us witnessing victory from Hampden's East End before.

The youth cup? :)

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

In an ideal world the 8000 or so who went on Saturday will be the ones that are there in November. The day trippers will ruin the atmosphere.

If only there was a way to ensure that only those who attended yesterday are able to purchase tickets for the final. Maybe the club has missed a trick here before yesterday's game...they could have made it clear that should we reach the final, everyone retain their Semi Final ticket and takes a photo of themselves inside Hampden wearing Motherwell colours...and when buying their cup final ticket must present their retained SF ticket plus the device on which they took the photo of themselves in order to check the time and date it was taken...

But then again, that'd be a bit on the extreme side.

The daytrippers will be out in force for the final, nothing surer and there's not alot anyone can do about it. I already know of three folk who will be going who otherwise wouldn't be seen dead inside a football ground. :rolleyes:

If only there was a way to ensure that only those who attended yesterday are able to purchase tickets for the final. Maybe the club has missed a trick here before yesterday's game...they could have made it clear that should we reach the final, everyone retain their Semi Final ticket and takes a photo of themselves inside Hampden wearing Motherwell colours...and when buying their cup final ticket must present their retained SF ticket plus the device on which they took the photo of themselves in order to check the time and date it was taken...
But then again, that'd be a bit on the extreme side.
The daytrippers will be out in force for the final, nothing surer and there's not alot anyone can do about it. I already know of three folk who will be going who otherwise wouldn't be seen dead inside a football ground. :rolleyes:

You’re fucking at it surely [emoji23]

So the main concern for the Motherwell fans isn't the actual game. Its what end, what dressing room and what Brendan says that's important.

Minter

Yes. There is no point in discussing the game and result as that is already certain. Stephen Robinson’s side is going to win by at least 2 clear broken noses.

Thanks for your concern about our concern.

2 hours ago, nsr said:

It's a bit embarrassing for Rodgers if he feels he has to resort to mind games in a domestic competition with  the resources at his disposal.

Motherwell will be lucky to make it down the Hampden tunnel with 11 players. Pedro joins in the slagging match. I predict the official OF media arm will put them under intense scrutiny over the next few weeks, highlighting any stray elbow, late tackle and 50/50 ball and use of the phrase 'lucky to stay on the pitch' and 'could have been a straight red' will be much in evidence.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15614402.Rangers_boss_Pedro_Caixinha_rounds_on_Motherwell___and_predicts_they_won__39_t_finish_the_Betfred_Cup_final_with_11_men/

Rangers: a shellshocked former playground bully who can't believe one of the smaller kids finally stood up to him and broke his nose in the process, and now won't stop whining about how unfair it all is.

57 minutes ago, Romeo said:

So the main concern for the Motherwell fans isn't the actual game. Its what end, what dressing room and what Brendan says that's important.

Minter

We've got to enjoy moaning about every aspect of the cup final - might be 10 years before we're back again. :)

We'll get to the game nearer the time....

18 hours ago, Swello said:

What will be worth watching with this game in mind is the way that 'Well will - in light of yesterday's game - now be portrayed as a sort of 80's Wimbledon brutal route-one team and how the referee will need to be strong. 

Would probably help if we hadn't been so brutally route-one on Sunday 

If  Motherwell can repeat their second half performance in  knocking the rangers (2012) oot,  then it could be a great cup final for everyone.

Most people with expect Celtic to win, so Motherwell can just get stuck in and try to complete job, securing both old firm scalps and winning the trophy.

As the teams play again in the league on the Wednesday, Fir park could be rocking that night if the Cup's been won.

If  Motherwell can repeat their second half performance in  knocking the rangers (2012) oot,  then it could be a great cup final for everyone.

The problem is, if we repeat our first half performance, we'll be four or five down at the break.

It's going to be a monumental task, but I'm sure these Motherwell will give it absolutely everything. Whether it'll be enough on the day, I don't know. I think we have to be realistic enough to know that we'll need Celtic to have an off day to stand any chance.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Motherwell will be lucky to make it down the Hampden tunnel with 11 players. Pedro joins in the slagging match. I predict the official OF media arm will put them under intense scrutiny over the next few weeks, highlighting any stray elbow, late tackle and 50/50 ball and use of the phrase 'lucky to stay on the pitch' and 'could have been a straight red' will be much in evidence.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15614402.Rangers_boss_Pedro_Caixinha_rounds_on_Motherwell___and_predicts_they_won__39_t_finish_the_Betfred_Cup_final_with_11_men/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-warns-11396192

Endangering the lives of Rangers' players at the weekend, apparently. I hope they are all alright.

Archived