Dumbarton v Dundee Utd

Can't be arsed with the game tomorrow, everything about it is putting me off going.  It's mostly modern/Scottish football that has tainted my view, but United's displays are part of this as well.

Poor form, the ground is one of these modern one siders (didn't I read the Sons were thinking of moving again?), it's £22 to get in, there look to be traffic issues, Charleston is the referee.

Hat off to United fans who travel to this one, I'm giving it a bye. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any fans coming from Tayside might be best coming off the A9/M9 at Stirling and going in that way.

Although there have been road closures at Gartocharan over recent weekends so best checking if this is happening prior to traveling.

Not sure that's the best advice tbh. The A82 is closed South bound only and hence coming off the M9 at Stirling and hence via Balloch has the potential to get caught up in the roadworks. Whereas coming down the M9 past stirling onto the M80 via Glasgow means you will be heading to the ground from the unaffected A82 northbound carriageway.

Not sure that's the best advice tbh. The A82 is closed South bound only and hence coming off the M9 at Stirling and hence via Balloch has the potential to get caught up in the roadworks. Whereas coming down the M9 past stirling onto the M80 via Glasgow means you will be heading to the ground from the unaffected A82 northbound carriageway.

I thought it was both directions big man

Can't be arsed with the game tomorrow, everything about it is putting me off going.  It's mostly modern/Scottish football that has tainted my view, but United's displays are part of this as well.

Poor form, the ground is one of these modern one siders (didn't I read the Sons were thinking of moving again?), it's £22 to get in, there look to be traffic issues, Charleston is the referee.

748cdc97e1ffed4bdf6e516de3fe63ca.jpg

Why would the ground having 1 side put you off?

I've been to every Utd away game in the last 30 years. I won't be there tomorrow due to the pricing.

So this is the 1st time you felt a team is charging too much in 30 years. Or are there other reasons you're not telling us?

1 minute ago, sons'r'us said:

So this is the 1st time you felt a team is charging too much in 30 years. Or are there other reasons you're not telling us?

Or he could be taking the piss.  Yeah I think that’s it,

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Just part of it?

Makes me chuckle to think back to all the posts from United fans after the Doon Derby trying to convince themselves supporting United in the Championship would have some big advantages.

Archived