Dumbarton v Dundee Utd

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Creates an interesting thought 

is their more skill/thought required in defending as their is more risk

as you can tell I was a defender and generally jump on or defence

More skill, concentration, and thought required in goalkeeping than anywhere else imo :ph34r:

I think you you have to be more prepared to take responsibility as a defender, and that drops the further up the pitch you get. Attackers usually always love a bit of finger pointing, a moan and the opportunity to blame someone else (come at me wingers of P&B, you greeting faced diddies). That isn't the case with your typical defender. I guess it's why most teams have centre-backs as their captains too.

This is going waaaayyy off topic. But it's a pretty interesting area nonetheless!

Jimmy can offer more I think. Still disappointed with him for the goals we lost against stranraer and st mirren.

That said, I thought he done well in spells today and I'd like to see him central more often.

Maybe I was at a different game today but I thought we played OK in possession, need Nade back to make that possession count. The stupid sending off killed us. United won't go up. I'm looking forward to going to Brechin. Foxy might be the difference up there.

We did ok in the second half. Perhaps part of that was united easing off. Part of it was the enforced switch to 2 banks of 4 across the park.

I actually like the modern 4-2-3-1 tactic but we can't play it right now. We have too many defensive midfielders so there's no range of passing from the middle 2. Up front we have nobody to act as the target man and hold it until others get involved in the play. We've got a couple of useful fullbacks but the wide attackers in front of them don't really give them and defensive protection.

Fully fit we have a higher compete level. Makeshift midfield and no target man and we struggle

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Match rations for united team, from anyone who was there?

Rations?

Can’t be arsed doing one by one but:

Under par:  Robson; surprisingly Durnan (kept making passes to folk who didn’t exist); King, good runs but poor last ball; Keatings, not on for long but did f**k all.

Over par:  Fraser; Scobbie.

Hard to rate Lewis as he had nothing to do.  Flood was surprisingly OK.  McDonald is crying out for a target man to play alongside, we’d really get the best out of him then.

Archived