Dumbarton v Dundee Utd

Will the smuggest p***k in Scottish football still be at the helm for this one? Lets hope so.

Will the Dundee Utd fans manage to outcringe the St Mirren fans over the 22 quid price tag? Will they take edgy pics of themselves up the Castle drinking Fosters with panda flags in protest at the price?

Hopefully Nade is back for us and it would be nice to see Kyle Hutton nowhere near the starting 11. Given Dundee Utd's current form I'd be keen to see us seek all 3 points in this one and hammer the final nail into McKinnon's big smug coffin.

Knowing our luck McKinnon will be bagged tomorrow.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the smuggest p***k in Scottish football still be at the helm for this one? Lets hope so.

Will the Dundee Utd fans manage to outcringe the St Mirren fans over the 22 quid price tag? Will they take edgy pics of themselves up the Castle drinking Fosters with panda flags in protest at the price?

Hopefully Nade is back for us and it would be nice to see Kyle Hutton nowhere near the starting 11. Given Dundee Utd's current form I'd be keen to see us seek all 3 points in this one and hammer the final nail into McKinnon's big smug coffin.

Here's hoping you are correct on all points apart your last.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Agree with most of what you say but don't think Kyle Hutton has been all that bad. Would go as far to say I'd drop Wilson before I'd drop him. Since Livingston a few weeks back he has actually stepped up a bit.

I'm not saying he's been excellent but I don't see a better alternative.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was really disappointed that the St Mirren fans failed to mention that they had to leave at half-time because the Castle closes at 4. Surely that wouldn't have had a major impact on their Twitter numbers...

Think bbpf harsh about Hutton who in last 3 games has done ok .not brilliant but ok

yesterday he was no worse and I would say marginally better than other central mids.

I agree we would want our main/only target man back in fold 

I was really disappointed that the St Mirren fans failed to mention that they had to leave at half-time because the Castle closes at 4. Surely that wouldn't have had a major impact on their Twitter numbers...

The Lad Bible esque pages such as "Football Away Days" wouldn't have touched it if they'd known that. That's at least -50 lad points.

I thought Stewart did very well yesterday playing up front on his own. He linked up well with those behind him and ran his heart out chasing down defenders. I felt we didn't get the ball in behind Morton enough though for him to use his pace. If Nade isn't fit I'd be fine with him starting there, but I'd push Froxylias back into the centre and play Roy or even Davie Smith wide (if he's fit). Froxy does well out wide but he's much more of a threat in the middle. Drop either of Wilson or Hutton, would be Hutton for me. 

If McKinnon gets binned before Saturday I will be coming down to this, not been to Dumbarton for a long, long time.

I thought I heard at the half time announcement on Saturday that it's £22; is that right?

Pre-warning of a potential anti-thompson type display which is the chat on the 'Fans United' Facebook group. Would imagine the old banners will be out again. If McKinnon goes I wonder what the club does with his backroom team. Some clubs want to keep them all (I was reading about some English teams that insist on this) but for others if one goes they all go. I'm not sure who would be in temporary charge on Saturday. It will either be Laurie Ellis or possibly (and I shudder at the thought) Dave Bowman.

40 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Pre-warning of a potential anti-thompson type display which is the chat on the 'Fans United' Facebook group. Would imagine the old banners will be out again. 

That'll work really well in a one sided stadium. Only the players and dug out personnel would see it.

48 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Pre-warning of a potential anti-thompson type display which is the chat on the 'Fans United' Facebook group. Would imagine the old banners will be out again. If McKinnon goes I wonder what the club does with his backroom team. Some clubs want to keep them all (I was reading about some English teams that insist on this) but for others if one goes they all go. I'm not sure who would be in temporary charge on Saturday. It will either be Laurie Ellis or possibly (and I shudder at the thought) Dave Bowman.

Ohh how we love a dabbie protest. Any chance of a card display as well? We like to call this a double dunter. 

Just now, sonsanorak said:

Cough, cough

Ftfy.

They can't really be classed as established. They've only been here for a couple of years really.

33 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'll probably just pay 30 and tell them to keep the change.

If you just add a couple of quid to the £30 you could join our trust as well as get into the game ;)

Archived