Ayr United v Stranraer

Whether folk think Adams overreacted or not, this is a guy who broke something like 5 bones in his face in the opening game and subsequently had metal plates inserted. I don't know from experience what it's like getting hit in the face after that, multiple times in one game, but I'm sure it is probably still quite sore. If Bell and Robertson are daft enough to raise hands and aim kicks towards it, then they'll and did reap the consequences.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Guys , I really don’t see why all the arguing , Ayr won easily and I’m more concerned by what I’ve seen of Stranraer this season , okay against some teams in the league but really struggle against teams that attack us and play fast moving football, we are a strong team but lack pace and little to offer in way of changing things if not going well . As for Jamie Adams , he’s a quality player that would still be playing at a higher level if not for injuries , we are only jealous and some fans bitter that he hasn’t signed for us ( but seriously why would he ). Both Bell and Robertson looked to have laid hands on the Adams and gave the ref little option, they really should know better.( Adams didn’t need to roll about the way he did , not like him .)

i note not one mention of anything good coming from Stranraer yesterday ( apart from our keeper ) and with zero shots on target we were very poor and all the talking about what the ref gave and what he didn’t is just disguising how poor we were. He did make mistakes but on both sides and this doesn’t just happen to us .

we lost by a country mile and need to ask questions of our failings , closer to the bottom of the league than the top , think we are good enough to avoid a relegation battle but I doubt going on yesterday’s performance  good enough to gain a play off spot.

having said that if we can improve , play at a faster pace and add someone up front to assist Wallace then things could improve .

All about opinions Adams got the ball but took the man out as well def dangerous play. Interested on your opinion on geggan.

Whether folk think Adams overreacted or not, this is a guy who broke something like 5 bones in his face in the opening game and subsequently had metal plates inserted. I don't know from experience what it's like getting hit in the face after that, multiple times in one game, but I'm sure it is probably still quite sore. If Bell and Robertson are daft enough to raise hands and aim kicks towards it, then they'll and did reap the consequences.

Never even considered this tbh. Still think he made the most of it but if either Robertson or Bell did hurt him I’m sure Adams will sort them out the next time we meet them.

Has nothing to do with that believe me big Jamie is fine and well! Hopefully the game on the 2nd is as lively as yesterday! Very well worth the £16. 

You spoke to him aye?

Doesn’t matter how big you are if you’ve broken five bones anywhere in your body then someone hits it there’s a good chance it’ll hurt.

Like I said though, if Jamie isn’t happy about it he’ll make sure Bell knows in January.

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

You spoke to him aye?

Doesn’t matter how big you are if you’ve broken five bones anywhere in your body then someone hits it there’s a good chance it’ll hurt.

Like I said though, if Jamie isn’t happy about it he’ll make sure Bell knows in January.

He'll be injured from come January anyway. Busy time for the boy on the farm. 

He'll be injured from come January anyway. Busy time for the boy on the farm. Yes a did actually if you need to know! Remember he's from down this way! 

Yeah he’s a Stranraer lad. Just a pity he doesn’t want to play for you lot.

Thought Adams' tackle for the first Stranraer red was fair as he played the ball. However, he used excessive force which was daft and many a referee would have booked or sent him off for it. Stranraer player's reaction while understandable was stupid and gave the ref no option. Clear red.
Couldn't tell much about the second red from the highlights but Jaime Adams' rolling around afterwards like he'd been tasered was a bit embarrassing. While I'm all for his blood and thunder antics, he can leave that sort of stuff in the changing room. Funny how no-one, either fans or within the club, speaks out when one of our own play acts. Yet we all get sanctimonious at the thought of an opposition player doing it.

Agree with most of that although I don’t think Adam’s tackle was reckless at all. I thought it was as good a hard but fair tackle you’ll see.

Agree with the rolling around especially though, thought that was embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Agree with most of that although I don’t think Adam’s tackle was reckless at all. I thought it was as good a hard but fair tackle you’ll see.

Agree with the rolling around especially though, thought that was embarrassing.

If hammil did the same after the whistle had went would you think the same. asking for a mate 

Yeah he’s a Stranraer lad. Just a pity he doesn’t want to play for you lot.

Why would he? He’s spent his whole career full time and playing at a higher level than Stranraer, bar his spell at Wigtown.

Good player but, will no doubt be involved in crap like this again as it’s what his games about.

Frustrating when it’s against you but love it when you have a player who can mix things up like that.

Metal plate or not I’m sure if Robertson hit he’d know all about.

Think he’s well accustomed to a sore face on and off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Why would he? He’s spent his whole career full time and playing at a higher level than Stranraer, bar his spell at Wigtown.

Good player but, will no doubt be involved in crap like this again as it’s what his games about.

Frustrating when it’s against you but love it when you have a player who can mix things up like that.

Metal plate or not I’m sure if Robertson hit he’d know all about.

Think he’s well accustomed to a sore face on and off the pitch.

He certainly wasn't in nearly as much pain  as you on Saturday.

16 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

2af720f1c6dca5d5dfb65e4530f42e18.jpg

Still Davina McCall, Try Again.

17 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

The Bell /Adams thing not finished yet. Talk is Bell neither kicked or punched Adams ,ref report will be looked at.

We'll just bribe the authorities just like we did on Saturday. #Money

24 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

The Bell /Adams thing not finished yet. Talk is Bell neither kicked or punched Adams ,ref report will be looked at.

It's quite lucky for me that I don't care.

Archived