Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

^ There's actually some truth in this. I don't think it'll happen, but I think its more likely now than when Jackie Mac left. He maybe feels now he's taken Saints as far as he can, especially with there being far more competition for a top 6 finish than two or three years ago. 

It would be the ideal time for him to join Utd, get them promoted and get some momentum going.  Worse possible time for us in the middle of such a poor run, but there's been such a scarcity of job opportunities in Scotland for Wright, when he probably feels he deserves a move given his 'success' with us, that I think now he would feel he has to take the opportunity when it comes along.

Surely he's going to wait and see if Northern Ireland get through the play offs, and if not, that job is more than likely his?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Both of us are doing about the same though, just our expectations are lower than yours, so we're happy to be where we are and Utd fans aren't. Livi will be doing well to keep up our current form but no guarantee Utd will get any better than what you are.

Not true. I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that United will improve. That's a cast iron, no quibble money back guarantee and you can take that to the bank*tiphat.gif

* Terms and conditions apply.

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not true. I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that United will improve. That's a cast iron, no quibble money back guarantee and you can take that to the bank*tiphat.gif

* Terms and conditions apply.

Darren is that you?

24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Is Csabo stalling? Latest odds have Hughes at evens.

If Hughes gets it, we just need M'voto to get a run of games for the pars and the league is ours. 

Latest odds also have Laszlo 4/5 on

So might take a wee bit more than what you suggest.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

^ There's actually some truth in this. I don't think it'll happen, but I think its more likely now than when Jackie Mac left. He maybe feels now he's taken Saints as far as he can, especially with there being far more competition for a top 6 finish than two or three years ago. 

It would be the ideal time for him to join Utd, get them promoted and get some momentum going.  Worse possible time for us in the middle of such a poor run, but there's been such a scarcity of job opportunities in Scotland for Wright, when he probably feels he deserves a move given his 'success' with us, that I think now he would feel he has to take the opportunity when it comes along.

Why did you put success in commas as though it was debateable?

Your club have been punching way, way above their weight for years, enjoy whilst it lasts.

It's pretty surprising that literally every time we've played Celtic or Rangers in the past two seasons, we've had TW linked with a club within 48 hours of the game.

Very odd.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

If Mcinnes goes to Mordor then Wright would be a good shout for up there in Aberdeen. I dont see why he isnt being linked with the Rangers job either. Why he would come to us now is baffling although i wouldnt be against it one bit. Especially how he wasnt interested in the job atall last time round and used our interest to get a better deal where he is now (Im sure this is what happened).

Why the f**k would he come now when were a division lower and have even less money to spend on the team?

20 hours ago, Rugster said:

Surely he's going to wait and see if Northern Ireland get through the play offs, and if not, that job is more than likely his?

I guess it depends on whether he fancies moving away from full time club football but yes I agree he would be an ideal candidate if O'Neil moves on.

16 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why did you put success in commas as though it was debateable?

Your club have been punching way, way above their weight for years, enjoy whilst it lasts.

I see it as success, as do most Saints fans, but I was covering it in case some daftie came along saying you've won one trophy, it's hardly been that successful etc. It's success relative to what we're used to.

16 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If Mcinnes goes to Mordor then Wright would be a good shout for up there in Aberdeen. I dont see why he isnt being linked with the Rangers job either. Why he would come to us now is baffling although i wouldnt be against it one bit. Especially how he wasnt interested in the job atall last time round and used our interest to get a better deal where he is now (Im sure this is what happened).

Why the f**k would he come now when were a division lower and have even less money to spend on the team?

I don't think he will, but I do think it's more likely now purely due to the fact that last time we'd just won the cup and there's was a sense of optimism about where he could take Saints. Maybe now he feels we've plateaued?  Whereas at Utd they're surely only going to go in a positive direction with the right manager.

As i said unlikely to happen, i was only commenting on it cos someone said he'd come in to second favourite.

Given it is the Challenge Cup next week it does give the board a little more time (plus the fans are a bit more content given the two wins we have had). I'm pleased that it sounds like regardless of what happens that Ellis is staying on. He comes across very well and is quite highly thought of.

9 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Managers are overrated

Quite.  United (and Rangers!)  are on a two-match unbeaten run since we booted McKinnon.  Bring in a director of football and make Ellis permanent head coach.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Wright would be a decent appointment but I’d be absolutely astounded if he came to United.

Wright strikes me (and I have no way of backing this up, but intuition) as one of those managers who is great at a certain club but would flop nearly anywhere else.

Archived