Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Perhaps. But the fact he applied tells me he was interested at some point. He also must have had a rough idea of the salary he'd have been offered ?

Hope you don't depend always on the Scottish press media for your 'facts'. 

To the long awaited appointment. Csaba Laszlo would be much preferable to John Hughes, but football management is very much luck, beside skill/man management and all the other features. It's very difficult to predict what sort of luck an individual can bring.

I'll not be getting excited about whoever is given the job.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Stubbs, media whore and ex-Celtic player (that bit is important when dealing with the press in this country) + DC Thomson, a newspaper who's sporting journalists are so bad that my 37 hour old son could write more factually accurate articles. Why would anyone consider this mix to be anything other than total nonsense? 

Stubbs used the fact he was linked with the United post as a chance to get himself back into the spotlight. BBC Scotland, BT Sport and the west-coast papers lapped this up because they fucking love anything ex-Celtic/Rangers. Stubbs lives in a perma-bubble of untouchability by the media in Scotland and is in the same club as people like McNamara. The press put him in the frame of jobs he would not get/take because it is what they do on his behalf and because it is easy to write a puff piece on someone like him to fit column inches. DC Thomson, who actually used a screenshot from McBookie the other day as 'evidence', ride on the coattails of this because they are terrible at their jobs despite being local journalists who really should be able to do better. They are an embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Alan Stubbs, media whore and ex-Celtic player (that bit is important when dealing with the press in this country) + DC Thomson, a newspaper who's sporting journalists are so bad that my 37 hour old son could write more factually accurate articles. Why would anyone consider this mix to be anything other than total nonsense? 

Stubbs used the fact he was linked with the United post as a chance to get himself back into the spotlight. BBC Scotland, BT Sport and the west-coast papers lapped this up because they fucking love anything ex-Celtic/Rangers. Stubbs lives in a perma-bubble of untouchability by the media in Scotland and is in the same club as people like McNamara. The press put him in the frame of jobs he would not get/take because it is what they do on his behalf and because it is easy to write a puff piece on someone like him to fit column inches. DC Thomson, who actually used a screenshot from McBookie the other day as 'evidence', ride on the coattails of this because they are terrible at their jobs despite being local journalists who really should be able to do better. They are an embarrassment. 

Congratulations, hope all is well?

Congratulations, hope all is well?

Cheers! Yeah it was a 60 hour labour followed by an emergency section at the last minute because baby’s heart rate dropped (he heard Stubbs had turned down the United job). All good though, wife and baby still in hospital but hopefully home tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Cheers! Yeah it was a 60 hour labour followed by an emergency section at the last minute because baby’s heart rate dropped (he heard Stubbs had turned down the United job). All good though, wife and baby still in hospital but hopefully home tomorrow!

:eek: Ouch!

11 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Good on you and your good lady,he’s never seen Utd get beat.

Till Saturday anyway :thumsup2

I am fucking gutted it's not Yogi taking on the job. I reckon Laszlo will be a decent manager for United, doubt they can get any worse under him tbh.

If United are so terrible just now and Livi are flying high, wait till we kick on form and are 10 points ahead of you.

If United are so terrible just now and Livi are flying high, wait till we kick on form and are 10 points ahead of you.

Fully expect our form to drop at some point, and it would be a shock if we finished ahead of your lot come the end of the season. That said, I think the Utd fans should be thankful it was just the two we scored a few weeks ago.

It would be Hibs' levels of minteryness if United didn't go up this season.

14 hours ago, stumigoo said:

No worse than getting a tooth out.  :rolleyes:

Please don't tell her I said that.

34 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Tommy Wright 2nd fav at 6/1 for the job now.

Why in the f**k would Wright join us now in the Fizzy Pop after telling us to f**k off a few years ago when we were in the Premier?

25 minutes ago, banana said:

Why in the f**k would Wright join us now in the Fizzy Pop after telling us to f**k off a few years ago when we were in the Premier?

St Johnstone haven't scored in something like the last 15 games. It's a miracle he's not been punted already. Perfect time to jump the sinking ship.

^ There's actually some truth in this. I don't think it'll happen, but I think its more likely now than when Jackie Mac left. He maybe feels now he's taken Saints as far as he can, especially with there being far more competition for a top 6 finish than two or three years ago. 

It would be the ideal time for him to join Utd, get them promoted and get some momentum going.  Worse possible time for us in the middle of such a poor run, but there's been such a scarcity of job opportunities in Scotland for Wright, when he probably feels he deserves a move given his 'success' with us, that I think now he would feel he has to take the opportunity when it comes along.

12 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Both of us are doing about the same though, just our expectations are lower than yours, so we're happy to be where we are and Utd fans aren't. Livi will be doing well to keep up our current form but no guarantee Utd will get any better than what you are.

Archived