Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recouped my losses on McDonald simply by betting Hearts to beat you're mob yesterday . But I don't have an opinion on a good fit for the arabs , even more so I imagine trying to second guess Thompson would be the gateway to financial ruin.

Hearts were odds on so I'd be intrigued to hear how much you won

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I only think the list is grim because it lacks imagination but I fully admit we have no time to be imaginative. In an ideal world we could do what Hearts did and take a punt on someone young and a bit different but we don’t have that luxury.

Tell me you're taking the piss.

Tell me you're taking the piss.

I’m not. I don’t think we should but in an ideal world clubs should be trying to employ managers who fall outside of the usual Scottish managerial merry go round. Do you not think so?

18 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I only think the list is grim because it lacks imagination but I fully admit we have no time to be imaginative. In an ideal world we could do what Hearts did and take a punt on someone young and a bit different but we don’t have that luxury.

Fat Sally would spice things up

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I’m not. I don’t think we should but in an ideal world clubs should be trying to employ managers who fall outside of the usual Scottish managerial merry go round. Do you not think so?

Maybe at some mythical future time when we've been back in the top division for a few season having achieved mid table mediocrity and with a settled  squad and need a new manager I would consider this.

Right now we need someone with organisational ability who can get us out of this league.

If, however, Steven Thompson has a floopy and appoints a Cathro type I will blame you and not tire of punching you in the back of the head at home games.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts were odds on so I'd be intrigued to hear how much you won

Let me simplify , recouped means I won back and indeed moved slightly in front after my bets on McDonald , slight odds on against a currently unrecognisable saints represented good value for me.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Think the reason your list is grim is because the only 2 that were actually rated and out of work were Hartley (not that you would have wanted an ex Dundee Gaffer) and Own Coyle tbh i think ourselves and Ross County got lucky. With adding to those names youve got the likes of Gus MacPherson as well and your Gary Holts etc.

17 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Think the reason your list is grim is because the only 2 that were actually rated and out of work were Hartley (not that you would have wanted an ex Dundee Gaffer) and Own Coyle tbh i think ourselves and Ross County got lucky. With adding to those names youve got the likes of Gus MacPherson as well and your Gary Holts etc.

True, if this was a few weeks ago then Coyle in particular would have been heavily linked. We are stuck in a poor position. As I said earlier we don't have the luxury of making an 'outside the box' appointment or have the ability to take our time over it. Things will have to be tied up within the next 7-10 days I would think.

Just now, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

I overheard an arab on the bus tonight seriously say to his mate that yinited should put an offer in to Frank DeBoer because "he's out a job and it'd get him back in  to management at a decent level".

It took every ounce of self control I had to not piss myself laughing.

I'll add that to list of Strachan's etc that you can find over on Facebook and other social media sites. I even saw a long back and forth between a set of fans about Alex Neil before it was pointed out some time later that he already had a job. 

I actually enjoy the names that appear from some fans, I love their optimism...

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

True, if this was a few weeks ago then Coyle in particular would have been heavily linked. We are stuck in a poor position. As I said earlier we don't have the luxury of making an 'outside the box' appointment or have the ability to take our time over it. Things will have to be tied up within the next 7-10 days I would think.

I think with most clubs they want someone tried and tested and knows the Scottish game unfortunately knowledge of the Scottish game is where it stops and your left with the list above theres very little success in amongst it or proven track record as they have all been sacked for a reason.  you could probably cull half that list tbh

Peter Houston - left for a reason due to budget cuts

Pressley - Probably come out with the wants a better club and a higher level

Tommy Wright - would be mental to leave St Johnstone and the choice for most Rangers supporters should Pedro be sacked on account with a. he's N Irish and b probably a protestant.

McCall - Again another ex manager that probably wont get looked at.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His scumbag father wouldve been on the phone today tapping him up with the offer of 350k a year.

Why would he take a pay cut , everyone knows saints bought their way out of relegation last year and will buy their way to the title this year. 

I overheard an arab on the bus tonight seriously say to his mate that yinited should put an offer in to Frank DeBoer because "he's out a job and it'd get him back in  to management at a decent level".

I'll take " Things That Didn't Happen" for $60, Jim

55 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

As a born and bred Arab even at my most optimistic mood I would have struggled to contain myself at that one. And besides Ancelloti would be a far better choice. 

f959a3513fc06d10477f49c567ea8d84.jpg

Archived