Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is literally zero chance of Jack Ross wanting to join us. Even if we were to stump up enough compensation. Which we won't.

Oh well Yogi Shoes it is then

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

There is literally zero chance of Jack Ross wanting to join us. Even if we were to stump up enough compensation. Which we won't.

This.  And as much as I'd like Tommy Wright the same goes for him.  The only realistic option is an out of work manager or someone doing well in a lower league.  That said there are still better options out there than McKinnon.

Jack Ross is also Derry'd Oot His Nut.

In all seriousness though, Ross would be insane to take it as he's managed to build his own squad at St Mirren who are doing better than United and have a good chance of being in the Premiership next season. Why would he swap that for a squad that hasn't been built by himself and are in a worse position?

Maybe if he had a fresh run at it but certainly not at this point.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm taking the smart approach of waiting for happyaccie to tell us what absolute random he's found on FM that he's "stuck his mortgage on", and then putting my money on Jim McIntyre

I recouped my losses on McDonald simply by betting Hearts to beat you're mob yesterday . But I don't have an opinion on a good fit for the arabs , even more so I imagine trying to second guess Thompson would be the gateway to financial ruin.

It is a pretty grim list of potential managers when you actually study the 'sensible' suggestions. I do think that in Scottish football quite often it is down to finding the right fit at a club and being able to organise a team in a solid fashion with decent recruitment (some fairly average managers are capable of a reasonable level of success in Scotland). It might need a completely fresh pair of eyes and some random from either down south or abroad but it will most likely be a standard Jim McIntyre-esque appointment. 

I don't see what's grim about the prospect of McIntyre. Aye, it's not an exotic or unexpected suggestion, but surely a manager who is proven at the level you're at is a less risky prospect than chucking it at the first manager outwith the typical Scottish candidates to come along regardless of their level of experience, just for the sake of trying something different. I would understand that view if all the usual candidates were utterly mediocre, but McIntyre has always been a good manager in this league rather than an average one.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Jim Duffy, continuing with Dundee minded candidates.

It'll surely be McIntyre though. He has a track record of success at this level, whereas McKinnon had had one good season.

There would be a lot worse options than McIntyre.  Of course we can drift into fantasy land options but that's a pointless exercise.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

I recouped my losses on McDonald simply by betting Hearts to beat you're mob yesterday . But I don't have an opinion on a good fit for the arabs , even more so I imagine trying to second guess Thompson would be the gateway to financial ruin.

You're a bigger boring twat than Boredomguy.  Give yourself a pat on the back.

Pedro Caixinha  will be out of work soon!

He could buy himself property  in Broughty Ferry,  and top up his tan in his speedos at the beach.

United would be better looking  elsewhere  for a manager though!

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You're a bigger boring twat than Boredomguy.  Give yourself a pat on the back.

As you're user name suggests  you are the 1 with the big boring mouth on here, trying to be a smartass Dundee fan is quite disturbing , we all know Dundee fans are the thick dimwits on here .

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don't see what's grim about the prospect of McIntyre. Aye, it's not an exotic or unexpected suggestion, but surely a manager who is proven at the level you're at is a less risky prospect than chucking it at the first manager outwith the typical Scottish candidates to come along regardless of their level of experience, just for the sake of trying something different. I would understand that view if all the usual candidates were utterly mediocre, but McIntyre has always been a good manager in this league rather than an average one.

Jim McIntyre got sacked by Ross County for a reason, right?

I'd prefer somebody that has no previous connection to my club - indeed it baffles me why we so often appear to limit ourselves to previous players.

In fact the only former player that should even be considered is big Dunc - just for the lols!

I only think the list is grim because it lacks imagination but I fully admit we have no time to be imaginative. In an ideal world we could do what Hearts did and take a punt on someone young and a bit different but we don’t have that luxury.

As you're user name suggests  you are the 1 with the big boring mouth on here, trying to be a smartass Dundee fan is quite disturbing , we all know Dundee fans are the thick dimwits on here .

Yet you can't grasp the difference between your and you're and have the cheek to call anyone a 'dimwit'.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

I only think the list is grim because it lacks imagination but I fully admit we have no time to be imaginative. In an ideal world we could do what Hearts did and take a punt on someone young and a bit different but we don’t have that luxury.

Nae Bairn yet ?

Archived