The Great outdoors.

PB 4.2

On 21/10/2017 at 21:27, PB 4.2 said:

Perhaps the only disadvantage of living in the most beautiful shire in Scotland is peer pressure from friends to go for a countryside ramble.   Naturally, I always decline, but today I decided to jump, solo,  into my Cee'd to seek out a woodland carpark to follow path and I ended up going on what I can only describe as a medium to long length walk!    As I walked I pondered whether the outdoors were indeed 'Great' or whether this was another useless idiom to rank alongside the Brittish bake-off.   

The Great points:  

Free parking.   

Squirrels

Adequate public toilets.  

Wooden skirting around the path.   

Semi-regular bins.     

GIRFUY :D

D56B949F-0E8C-4FEF-9C66-A3D53D9A33C6.jpeg.017d9767a995d1ec98b1b175d18d7d9f.jpeg17FC6639-8AED-43F1-88E0-9911EC567C0A.jpeg.cbad7edf898fa3b25a31d76ea4f1a05c.jpeg

60DB33DC-037C-48D7-BB69-9BBF149E884C.jpeg.d4c86ef25f929d9ebbe7c02f54676935.jpeg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Can't think of anything more overrated about UK life than spending time in the countryside, actually think that I hate it. 

I like the countryside. Not for the countryside but for fewer c***s per square mile.

If the city had the same population as the countryside it would be phenomenal.

Perhaps the only disadvantage of living in the most beautiful shire in Scotland is peer pressure from friends to go for a countryside ramble.   Naturally, I always decline, but today I decided to jump, solo,  into my Cee'd to seek out a woodland carpark to follow path and I ended up going on what I can only describe as a medium to long length walk!    As I walked I pondered whether the outdoors were indeed 'Great' or whether this was another useless idiom to rank alongside the Brittish bake-off.   
The Great points:  
Free parking.   
Squirrels
Adequate public toilets.  
Wooden skirting around the path.   
Semi-regular bins.   

The bad points:   
Poor phone reception 
Slippy leaves on pathway. 
No food or beverage outlets 
Annoyingly overfriendly interaction with other walkers.    

I returned to my KIA tired, and a little underwhelmed.   My outdoors experience was good but not great.   It gave me flashbacks to visiting Nandos for the first time.    

Returning home to my abode got me thinking about the underappreciated underdog:  AKA 'The indoors'.     The flat screen TV, the power shower, the snooker table, the extender table, the iPod docking station,  the island kitchen, the electronic tin opener, the microwave oven, the fridge freezer, the duck feathers pillow, the sauna, the clothes horse, the washing machine, the corner unit, SKY TV.   

My day was worthwhile, If only the cement my belief that:  indoors> outdoors  
The outdoors are:  Good
The indoors are:  Great

I think you're a little over proud of driving a Kia Cee'd. Enjoyed the rest of your post though.

I'm thinking of actual numbers tbh  but I tend to frown upon small-town mentality more than most. 

I got sick of the goldfish bowl mentality that came with being from a small town in a remote community. Now that i live in the city I find that I rarely like or have much in common with the people I meet and could do with a few more familiar faces around on a regular basis.

I never got the hill walking thing. Walking is a mode of transport, something you do to get from a to b when there is no alternative. 

Going up a hill where it is likely to be colder and wetter makes no sense. If it's a good day I can think of far better things to do than tramp about a field on a steep incline

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I’m not really one for the outdoors. Don’t mind a walk and that but not first on my list when I’ve free time.
However, squirrels are quality lads. This isn’t up for debate.

So another vote for 'the good outdoors' and 'the great indoors'?   

Archived