The Great outdoors.

PB 4.2

The grey ones can be very aggressive. My old cat would often get in tear-ups with them and would give him some nasty injuries. A badger almost knocked me off my mountain bike once too. Don’t let it be said that there are no dangerous animals in the wilds of Scotland.

I don’t think I have ever seen a badger.

My father once saw a wild black cat somewhere in the Black Isle area, said it was about the size of a deer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he also a terrible alcoholic?

He was but he wasn’t drunk when he was driving his van. You get a few sightings of large cats around the Black Isle/Contin areas.

Also there is the infamous Beast of Banff:

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

He was but he wasn’t drunk when he was driving his van. You get a few sightings of large cats around the Black Isle/Contin areas.

Also there is the infamous Beast of Banff:

The big cat sightings in Scotland seem to have died out over the last couple of decades. Heard tales of farmers shooting big cats and being asked to burn the bodies.

The big cat sightings in Scotland seem to have died out over the last couple of decades. Heard tales of farmers shooting big cats and being asked to burn the bodies.

I haven’t heard of any recently but that is quite definitely a wild cat in the video.

I know a farmer who saw an eagle push a cow off a cliff and then eat it’s splattered remains. That would be some sight.

The great outdoors is one of life's simple pleasures. I love nothing better than a walk up Blackford hill, bonaly, or Berwick law. Always take my camera, as on a clear day you get some cracking views from those places. Fantastic way of clearing your head as well.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I haven’t heard of any recently but that is quite definitely a wild cat in the video.

I know a farmer who saw an eagle push a cow off a cliff and then eat it’s splattered remains. That would be some sight.

Is everybody you know a compulsive liar?

You said you did know him. We don't deal in second hand drunken tcheucter talk here. We want FACTS! 

Saying it was a friend of a friend who saw it didn’t have the same ring to it.

Eagles drag goats off cliff edges and you can see a video of it happening on YouTube if you look. If the cow was close to the cliff edge an eagle could easily drag it enough for it to fall
Off the edge, it would have the element of surprise as an advantage.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Saying it was a friend of a friend who saw it didn’t have the same ring to it.

Eagles drag goats off cliff edges and you can see a video of it happening on YouTube if you look. If the cow was close to the cliff edge an eagle could easily drag it enough for it to fall
Off the edge, it would have the element of surprise as an advantage.

What on earth goes through your mind?

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I saw a black squirrel in New York once. 

^^^Highlight of the time he was allowed to go.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I saw a black squirrel in New York once. 

We get them here too. They're cool as f**k.

ninja-squirrel.jpg

Also, these grey and silver boys. If I get reincarnated, I'd like to be one of these.

Abert's%20Squirrel%200830W1WM-L.jpg

Archived