Hibs vs Hearts

Last nights match was tremendously entertaining, showing again that you don't need good footballers to have a good game of football. Hibs well deserving of the win, Hearts were largely guff but almost sneaking a draw. Ref was all over the place too.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Last nights match was tremendously entertaining, showing again that you don't need good footballers to have a good game of football. Hibs well deserving of the win, Hearts were largely guff but almost sneaking a draw. Ref was all over the place too.

I thought it was really boring - although not as bad a game as Hearts v St Johnstone on Saturday.

Result was never in doubt after Hibs scored, Hearts never looked like equalising. A long way short of a classic.

25 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

That ref is fucking diabolical by the way. 

At times he let the game flow when others would have been blowing the whistle left right and centre, at other times he gave nothing decisions just after letting harder tackles go. Done well not to show a few more yellows and maybe a red or two. His inconsistency was the main issue for me.

13 minutes ago, Darren said:

I thought it was really boring - although not as bad a game as Hearts v St Johnstone on Saturday.

Result was never in doubt after Hibs scored, Hearts never looked like equalising. A long way short of a classic.

From a neutral POV there were chances at both ends, tackles flying in all over the place, a great goal and a good atmosphere. Would agree that Hearts never really looked like getting back into it but while it remained 1-0 there was always a chance and that kept the game interesting.

39 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Was that the tackle on McGinn in the 2nd half when he was tearing down the left side?  Was an absolute shocker, knew Hibs had won the game after that was committed.

Aye, it was. Disgusting tackle, sure I seen someone on here saying a yellow card was the correct call because it was a 'trip' :lol: 

18 hours ago, Lebowski said:

There was a bigger crowd, but did playing Hearts remind anyone else of playing Dumbarton?

They were set up well, but never remotely looked like they'd bother us if we got the first goal.

Their manager knows they are playing a superior team, they're okay with avoiding a drubbing.

They're closer to being in the fucking sea than they are to Hibs.

Dumbarton must have set up better than us.

Levein's starting XI was a tad bizarre to say the least.

7 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Just saw the highlights but looks and sounds like a well deserved Hibs win. Hearts playing like a Levein side by the looks of things.

A levein side normally beats Hibs.

On 10/24/2017 at 13:51, Crùbag said:

We were gash against St Johnstone. Why play Brandon against better players?

On the bright side Hibs could only get one against a team with a 16 and 17 year old... though tonight's experience won't do them any good.

Here we are, waiting on another transfer window.

"On the brightside "

Your head must be a fucking mess :lol:

Everybody was loving that Djoum song Tue night.  Was almost all that was being sang in the pubs after.

Going to have a look at talkhearts. KB Terrace is a bit too bland for my taste but I quite The Shed for some Edinburgh news tbh.

Archived