Livi v Brechin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the game itself has went, we've been totally powderpuff up front. Need a front two as opposed to Todorov up on his own with little support.

A complete f**k up for their goal from our POV and Brechin have maybe edged it tbh. Unsure how that Lane boy hasn't been booked at least, and how they still have 11.

First time I've been impressed with big Mackin today. I think he'll be a very good option in games like today, when teams come and sit in, when we play our usual countering game he's worse than a man short.

Credit to Penrice who set up the winner with a fantastic run. Great wee player and will be a loss in January.

Shouldn't have been as nervy as that towards the end, silly penalty to give away and at a stupid time too. I was only half paying attention, but it looked like he tried a diving header to the Brechin player's ankle, what the f**k happened? :lol:

A win is a win, that is the most important thing today, wasn't our best performance but we got there and that's what I said earlier on in the thread, any win will do. 

Not going to go into all the handbags carry on just before half time, caused by a nothing tackle that was a freekick, simple as that. 

2nd half I thought we were much better, Mackin came on and won more in the air that anyone did in the first half, really pleased for him, gets a lot of undeserved stick but has now scored 5 and that today proved to be the winner, I personally think he can offer a lot as I said earlier in the season.

Penrice excellent again, for 18 years old what a talent, not afraid of a tackle and some really good set up play for the winning goal. 

On the other hand I thought Gallagher looked sluggish and had his poorest game in a Livi shirt today, the penalty he conceded summed up his day, hopefully just a bad day and back to his best next week.

Ive got to give credit to Brechin, they aren't world beaters, I don't think it's disrespectful to say otherwise, they know that and are making it hard for teams to beat them, slowing the play down and frustrating teams, I've absolutely nothing against it at all, they've given us a tough game today and caused us a few problems, just glad we could get the win. 

Back to 2nd after the slip up last week and now a big game next week against a rejuvinated Inverness side. 

Just now, Afro said:

First time I've been impressed with big Mackin today. I think he'll be a very good option in games like today, when teams come and sit in, when we play our usual countering game he's worse than a man short.

Credit to Penrice who set up the winner with a fantastic run. Great wee player and will be a loss in January.

Said to a  mate when I saw Mackin waiting to come on at HT that this game might suit him, he didn't have to do a lot of chasing around as it was a scrappy game and he won everything knocked towards him, great substitution by Hoppy, Mackin def made all the difference 2nd half.

Cracking build up play for his goal too, Keaghan and Penrice were superb and Mackin finishing it off at the 2nd attempt. Keaghan coming on for Toddy and going back to Rafa up front, along with Mackin  and then the final substitution of Knox for Rafa who looked like he had hurt his foot, all good substitutions helping us win the game. Conceding the penalty made it harder than it should've been but we got there in the end for a deserved 3 points.

That puts us back up to 2nd place with other results going our way again, cracking Saturday afternoon for Livi.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

A win is a win, that is the most important thing today, wasn't our best performance but we got there and that's what I said earlier on in the thread, any win will do. 

Not going to go into all the handbags carry on just before half time, caused by a nothing tackle that was a freekick, simple as that. 

2nd half I thought we were much better, Mackin came on and won more in the air that anyone did in the first half, really pleased for him, gets a lot of undeserved stick but has now scored 5 and that today proved to be the winner, I personally think he can offer a lot as I said earlier in the season.

Penrice excellent again, for 18 years old what a talent, not afraid of a tackle and some really good set up play for the winning goal. 

On the other hand I thought Gallagher looked sluggish and had his poorest game in a Livi shirt today, the penalty he conceded summed up his day, hopefully just a bad day and back to his best next week.

Ive got to give credit to Brechin, they aren't world beaters, I don't think it's disrespectful to say otherwise, they know that and are making it hard for teams to beat them, slowing the play down and frustrating teams, I've absolutely nothing against it at all, they've given us a tough game today and caused us a few problems, just glad we could get the win. 

Back to 2nd after the slip up last week and now a big game next week against a rejuvinated Inverness side. 

Can't agree with you about Mackin andy, criticism is well deserved when we're needing everyone chasing down balls Mackin just isn't doing it, and that has put pressure on everyone else. This game suited him perfectly and well done Hoppy for using him, nobody has given Mackin any undeserved criticism but it shows there will be games where we need him. They'll be few and far between though.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't agree with you about Mackin andy, criticism is well deserved when we're needing everyone chasing down balls Mackin just isn't doing it, and that has put pressure on everyone else. This game suited him perfectly and well done Hoppy for using him, nobody has given Mackin any undeserved criticism but it shows there will be games where we need him. They'll be few and far between though.

Even that comment is an underhand critisism, well done Hoppy yes but well done Mackin for changing the game in our favour and scoring what proved to be the winner. 

You said there will be a games we need him in but then say they'll be few and far between, he's scored 5 goals now, joint top scorer and had far less game time than any of the other lads on 5 goals. 

I understand what you are saying, but for me people are quick to criticise him for his flaws, of which he has Im not disagreeing but slow to praise him for his attributes, he done far more today than Toddy did imo. 

A bit of a rant today.Livi the better side by a bit. Brechin management bereft of any idea how to win a game last week changes made n done ok against a poor side. Today we showed how little we’ve got from management through to the team. We didn’t look like we could do much until we made changes way to late by the way,great to see Euan back, but to leave Layton on for 90 beggers believe.For me today Dods n Bailey got it so wrong but if u bring a player in and pay him decent money questions will be asked if he’s not on the park. Poor show from Dods n co and some of the players that are 1st choices don’t help

Archived