Livi v Brechin

1 minute ago, 'Steve said:

As much as Smith has been a superb goalkeeper for us, he needs a kick up the backside. He's costing us more points than he's saving at the moment with really basic errors, how that opening goal even ended up in the net is beyond me.

Forgot to mention that.  .......... Surprised AMC didn't pick up on that lucky break for his side  TBH. :rolleyes:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit gutted at that result wasn't able to make the game today due to work commitments.Same reason why I won't make the next few games.It looks like we pushed Livingston all the way and were unlucky not to come away with a point.Surley were due a bit of luck in a game soon I think we have been missing jacko upfront and when we have him back we should start picking up the points. Anyone shed some light on what happend with the first goal I seen on the internet it was a goalkeeping mistake just wondering if fans who were there think the same thing.Also anyone who wants dods sacked needs to take a long hard look at themselves after his achievements last season. (Looking at you CDH)

Just now, hedgeinthesouth said:

Bit gutted at that result wasn't able to make the game today due to work commitments.Same reason why I won't make the next few games.It looks like we pushed Livingston all the way and were unlucky not to come away with a point.Surley were due a bit of luck in a game soon I think we have been missing jacko upfront and when we have him back we should start picking up the points. Anyone shed some light on what happend with the first goal I seen on the internet it was a goalkeeping mistake just wondering if fans who were there think the same thing.Also anyone who wants dods sacked needs to take a long hard look at themselves after his achievements last season. (Looking at you CDH)

You really weren't, the penalty made it harder than it should've been for us and i'd have been pissed had we dropped 2 points in a game we were cruising.

Forgot to mention that.  .......... Surprised AMC didn't pick up on that lucky break for his side  TBH. :rolleyes:

I'm at the wind up of course I know as well as everyone else that Brechin are a hard working club with 113 years of unbroken history, it's not really the fans fault they've done f**k all in the 113 years and have a bit of a shit town with f**k all in it. Someone was talking about pubs earlier, there's probably more pubs in the Centre than there is in the whole of the city/town/hamlet of Brechin.

???????????????? two account diehard

Ok back to our team. Goalie poor left back should be better, midfield def a pal of Dods,up top wat the f**k is going on? That’s 4 from 11.what chance has a team got 4 men down? I know we’ve been close but to keep guaranteeing games and still coming short surely they should be looking at different players to change ????

Ok back to our team. Goalie poor left back should be better, midfield def a pal of Dods,up top wat the f**k is going on? That’s 4 from 11.what chance has a team got 4 men down? I know we’ve been close but to keep guaranteeing games and still coming short surely they should be looking at different players to change ????

I think we're missing a target man style player up top.Once we have jacko back I think him and orsi could work well together up top.As for the goalkeeper he hasn't looked the same this season as he has been the last couple of seasons

So one man is the answer? Cmon we’re kidding ourselves on,we seem to award running about and the odd tackle. How many can take the ball down n look to keep it and how many are capable of doing so? We happen to be in a league that requires a bit of skill and quality with running about a must.trouble is we seem to reward running about. I’m tired of watching guys that keep their place because they show effort.effort is the minimum.as a part time team we’re doing ok but we need to get so much more out of players that seem to be guaranteed a place no matter what.again I apologise about the rant

1 hour ago, slangs said:

So one man is the answer? Cmon we’re kidding ourselves on,we seem to award running about and the odd tackle. How many can take the ball down n look to keep it and how many are capable of doing so? We happen to be in a league that requires a bit of skill and quality with running about a must.trouble is we seem to reward running about. I’m tired of watching guys that keep their place because they show effort.effort is the minimum.as a part time team we’re doing ok but we need to get so much more out of players that seem to be guaranteed a place no matter what.again I apologise about the rant

I am beginning to wonder what people expect from this season. If all we did was just  run about , we would be getting humped 4 or 5 nil every week.  As it is we are competing well for large parts of games , at times playing quite good football.  It has been said from a few of the critics  that we are one dimensional in just punting the ball to the forwards. I think that is quite insulting to the likes of Finn Graham who is one that is capable of taking the ball and running at defenders.  Connor MacLennan showed that last week with his MOM performance and Orsi too is good with the ball at his feet.   Isaac has had 2 decent games now and looks to cause a few problems when the ball is played into him .  If only he could find the net with some of his shots ! 

Yesterday there was  a 20 minute spell in the second half where we were  completely under the cosh and over run and deservedly  lost 2 goals but other than that  I thought we were ok .  The most pleasing thing was that we never gave up . We actually finished the stronger team and I think Livi were glad to hear the final whistle. If only Orsi had found a Brechin player in the last minute instead of passing to the keeper !!!!!  

Yes I believe Jacko would have made a huge difference in many of our games this year as his experience would have helped settle the young lads up front .  Let's not forget that  it looks like Euan Smith is on the comeback trail .  For the short time he was on yesterday he showed glimpses of his old self.  Thank f**k there is only one plastic pitch for him  to contend with this season !!!! 

I will remain positive as long as we continue to put the effort in  to compete. The wins and draws will come I am sure............as long as we cut out the mental stuff like yesterday , gifting silly goals.  

My match day vlog

What a one-sided load of shite! I agree Livi did enough to win the game but the summary of the "fight" is rubbish. There was a clash for the ball. The Livi guy ended up on top of the Brechin guy and wouldn't let him up. We didn't see what went on on the blind side between them when the Livi guy was holding him down. McLennan threw him off (no punches thrown) and I wouldn't have been surprised if the Livi guy had been sent off for causing the clash which followed. The incident was right in front of us and McLennan didn't deserve the abuse from the Livi fans for the rest of the game. One if your fans even thought it was Layne involved in the clash. He wasn't the only Livi guy watching the game with closed eyes!

2 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

What a one-sided load of shite! I agree Livi did enough to win the game but the summary of the "fight" is rubbish. There was a clash for the ball. The Livi guy ended up on top of the Brechin guy and wouldn't let him up. We didn't see what went on on the blind side between them when the Livi guy was holding him down. McLennan threw him off (no punches thrown) and I wouldn't have been surprised if the Livi guy had been sent off for causing the clash which followed. The incident was right in front of us and McLennan didn't deserve the abuse from the Livi fans for the rest of the game. One if your fans even thought it was Layne involved in the clash. He wasn't the only Livi guy watching the game with closed eyes!

Assuming you're referring to my post, I didn't say it was Layne involved in the clash. I said he was trying to take everyone on after the half time whistle went, which you can even see in the video. 

Weird place for McLennan to throw his left hand when he was innocently trying to get up, boy's lucky to stay on the pitch after that.

At the time it didn't look good for McLennan. I thought he started to lay into Gallagher but the highlights show he manages to stop himself. A yellow for both the correct call in my opinion.

We've got to remember that McLennan has only newly turned 18 so he's still got a lot to learn. It's a difficult league and he won't be getting as much service as he would like.

8 hours ago, AMC13 said:

I'm at the wind up of course I know as well as everyone else that Brechin are a hard working club with 113 years of unbroken history, it's not really the fans fault they've done f**k all in the 113 years and have a bit of a shit town with f**k all in it. Someone was talking about pubs earlier, there's probably more pubs in the Centre than there is in the whole of the city/town/hamlet of Brechin.

At least you're not upset about it though.  That's good. 8)

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

What the f**k is Gallagher doing for the penalty? :lol:

Nae idea, was fecking mental and put us under unnecessary pressure for the remaining few minutes of the game.

No idea what Smith was doing for our fist goal either, looks like he chucked it into his own net. Same with our wall at the free kick, or rather lack of one, and our 2nd goal, Brechin's defence was a shambles. All in all 4 poor goals to concede. Our 3rd was a good looking goal though, although it was the 2nd attempt to get it home, Keaghan and Penrice played some lovely football in the build up play.

Archived