Livi v Brechin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So basically you are right and most of the support are wrong, can you back up your statement with fact about Dumbarton's resources or is it just your usual trolling crap Angry3

Somebody else part of the Glebe Park mafia.

I find it astounding that any Brechin fan would want Darren Dods sacked, for me he was really unlucky not to get manager of the year last season, to get Brechin promoted was an incredible achievement. 

This season was always going to be tough, no disrespect intended but Brechin are playing at a level well beyond the level they are at and they didn't expect to be playing at. 

Make a bit of money this season, regroup next season, if I was a Brechin fan Dods would be getting a free pass this season and then see how things go next season at a level more suited to the football club. 

So basically you are right and most of the support are wrong, can you back up your statement with fact about Dumbarton's resources or is it just your usual trolling crap 4191362722.gif

He was probably at the Dumbarton game yesterday so he can tell you everything about them. CDH is after all a Dundee Utd fan and a sailor. He was always going to be at the Utd game before the City game as he's based at Faslane.

8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I find it astounding that any Brechin fan would want Darren Dods sacked, for me he was really unlucky not to get manager of the year last season, to get Brechin promoted was an incredible achievement. 

This season was always going to be tough, no disrespect intended but Brechin are playing at a level well beyond the level they are at and they didn't expect to be playing at. 

Make a bit of money this season, regroup next season, if I was a Brechin fan Dods would be getting a free pass this season and then see how things go next season at a level more suited to the football club. 

This is  exactly the sensible opinion of 99% of the Brechin support .............to the letter.  I am sorry I can only give you one greenie  ! 

If we happen to pick up in the latter half of the season ,which I think might just be the case ,  then all the better.   We are under no illusion , but the fact that we are competing well without any reward is the frustrating part. 

We are enjoying it though.  Some new places to visit along with some old haunts from their spell in the lower leagues makes a pleasant change . :thumsup2

I'm actually really surprised that Bechin only have two points in  the league. Most people thought they would probably end up proping up the league so no real surprise there butwe've played them twice so far this season and both times they've given us a really tough game. Adding to that the fact that their heads never seem to go down when  they go a goal or two down its astounding that they havent actually managed to get more points then they have already.

A lot of people thought that we were wrong to let Sinclair go; he rarely got a chance with us last season but always showed some class when coming on; his skill at the dead-ball was also well known. Crighton was also a bit of a surprise move; he obviously was keen to get a regular starting role which he was unlikely to get at Livi and seems to have at Brechin so fair do's. Watt did surprise me; he seems to have put on a couple of stone and wasn't hugely fit.  Their big number 10 caused us plenty of problems in the first 25 minutes but seemed to fade quite a bit after that..

Thought we should have started with Carrick instead of Da Vita to add that bit of speed and would have preferred to start with Jacobs instead of Josh Mullin but cant moan too much over the result.

Gallagher hasn't been right for a few weeks; I have the feeling he's still playing with the injury he picked up at the QoS game.

I reiterate what Andy said but without the no disrespect intended part. Brechin are almost an amateur team and they are getting points off giants like Livingston, that is a great achievement for your club and when the years pass you can look at the pictures that are hung up on your dressing room wall of the famous 2-2 draw and the great narrow 3-2 defeat and say "Hey Forfar get it right up you, when you were drawing with shite teams like Queen's Park we were scoring goals against teams like Dumbarton and beating you on penalties in that weird group stage of the Betfred Cup". Down the years people will forget the Irn Bru cup exit to Buckfast Thistle and just remember the good things your club has done.

So well done Brechin you have certainly earned my respect.

Just now, Durnford said:

I'm actually really surprised that Bechin only have two points in  the league. Most people thought they would probably end up proping up the league so no real surprise there butwe've played them twice so far this season and both times they've given us a really tough game. Adding to that the fact that their heads never seem to go down when  they go a goal or two down its astounding that they havent actually managed to get more points then they have already.

A lot of people thought that we were wrong to let Sinclair go; he rarely got a chance with us last season but always showed some class when coming on; his skill at the dead-ball was also well known. Crighton was also a bit of a surprise move; he obviously was keen to get a regular starting role which he was unlikely to get at Livi and seems to have at Brechin so fair do's. Watt did surprise me; he seems to have put on a couple of stone and wasn't hugely fit.  Their big number 10 caused us plenty of problems in the first 25 minutes but seemed to fade quite a bit after that..

Thought we should have started with Carrick instead of Da Vita to add that bit of speed and would have preferred to start with Jacobs instead of Josh Mullin but cant moan too much over the result.

Gallagher hasn't been right for a few weeks; I have the feeling he's still playing with the injury he picked up at the QoS game.

I had a feeling Rafa would start, can see Mackin starting against ICT next week too. Again I think he'll do well when we're attacking and will be a good front man with Mullen but Mullen will be left to do all the chasing around when we haven't the ball because Mackin just doesn't make the effort. I'm not having a dig about him, it's an observation and an annoyance I have from watching him. If only he'd do a bit of chasing down balls, with some effort behind it then he'd be a great player for us.

16 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

I reiterate what Andy said but without the no disrespect intended part. Brechin are almost an amateur team and they are getting points off giants like Livingston, that is a great achievement for your club and when the years pass you can look at the pictures that are hung up on your dressing room wall of the famous 2-2 draw and the great narrow 3-2 defeat and say "Hey Forfar get it right up you, when you were drawing with shite teams like Queen's Park we were scoring goals against teams like Dumbarton and beating you on penalties in that weird group stage of the Betfred Cup". Down the years people will forget the Irn Bru cup exit to Buckfast Thistle and just remember the good things your club has done.

So well done Brechin you have certainly earned my respect.

Good try bud.   

Almost amateur (possibly but  it could be argued )  but still the same club 113 years on .  No administrations , no liquidations , no bail outs to our name , just good old fashioned honesty , integrity , hard work and hospitality.   That's how we roll. 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This is  exactly the sensible opinion of 99% of the Brechin support .............to the letter.  I am sorry I can only give you one greenie  ! 

If we happen to pick up in the latter half of the season ,which I think might just be the case ,  then all the better.   We are under no illusion , but the fact that we are competing well without any reward is the frustrating part. 

We are enjoying it though.  Some new places to visit along with some old haunts from their spell in the lower leagues makes a pleasant change . :thumsup2

I think Brechin will find it difficult in the 2nd half of the season, and will get a few heavy defeats, but you've been a hard team to play against so far. However once injuries and suspensions hit and players will be playing with niggling injuries you may struggle.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think Brechin will find it difficult in the 2nd half of the season, and will get a few heavy defeats, but you've been a hard team to play against so far. However once injuries and suspensions hit and players will be playing with niggling injuries you may struggle.

We have had to contend with  injuries  to our key players for most of this season already.  We are waiting for them all to return .  One made a brief appearance yesterday after more than a year out.  So basically we have been competing well with an under strength team .  Once the key players come back then who knows , we might even stage another great escape !!  :P8)

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have had to contend with  injuries  to our key players for most of this season already.  We are waiting for them all to return .  One made a brief appearance yesterday after more than a year out.  So basically we have been competing well with an under strength team .  Once the key players come back then who knows , we might even stage another great escape !!  :P8)

What have I telt you about drinking at hame :trink:

Good try bud.   
Almost amateur (possibly but  it could be argued )  but still the same club 113 years on .  No administrations , no liquidations , no bail outs to our name , just good old fashioned honesty , integrity , hard work and hospitality.   That's how we roll. 

Good on you for that, it's that very hard work that's earned you those two points. Keep up the good work.

Traditionally when we've been playing part time teams in League One/2nd div, or even the old 3rd div it was tight till around January and then we pulled away and won the leagues quite comfortably, Dumbarton have been an exception to that stat right enough but I don't think Brechin will be. The rigours of the season start effecting PT teams more in the 2nd half of the season but if you've a lot of players returning then maybe it wont, the down side of that is they haven't had games for a while so their fitness wont be too good though and it will be difficult for them to catch up.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Traditionally when we've been playing part time teams in League One/2nd div, or even the old 3rd div it was tight till around January and then we pulled away and won the leagues quite comfortably, Dumbarton have been an exception to that stat right enough but I don't think Brechin will be. The rigours of the season start effecting PT teams more in the 2nd half of the season but if you've a lot of players returning then maybe it wont, the down side of that is they haven't had games for a while so their fitness wont be too good though and it will be difficult for them to catch up.

To be honest we'll probably be in the same boat - the likes of United and Dunfermline have far larger squads than us; in fact about two thirds of the clubs in the Championship have larger squads than us

Just now, Durnford said:

To be honest we'll probably be in the same boat - the likes of United and Dunfermline have far larger squads than us; in fact about two thirds of the clubs in the Championship have larger squads than us

Not sure they have D, maybe more players of experience but not larger, seems they've average players filling out their squads though whereas Hoppy has our squad full of players that can come in and do just as good a job as the ones they're replacing. My main concern is Penrice and McMillan going back to their parent clubs but we've some good young players ourselves out on loan, and Knox, Keaghan, Robinson, and Brown being used sparingly but have looked good when they've had games. The latter 2 are out injured just now right enough but the first 2 aren't. Most of Hoppy's on loan deals have been good so maybe he'll bring in a few more in January if Penrice and McMillan leave.

As much as Smith has been a superb goalkeeper for us, he needs a kick up the backside. He's costing us more points than he's saving at the moment with really basic errors, how that opening goal even ended up in the net is beyond me.

Archived