Livi v Brechin

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Even that comment is an underhand critisism, well done Hoppy yes but well done Mackin for changing the game in our favour and scoring what proved to be the winner. 

You said there will be a games we need him in but then say they'll be few and far between, he's scored 5 goals now, joint top scorer and had far less game time than any of the other lads on 5 goals. 

I understand what you are saying, but for me people are quick to criticise him for his flaws, of which he has Im not disagreeing but slow to praise him for his attributes, he done far more today than Toddy did imo.y 

I credited him with making the difference in us winning in the post above that one, but I've not changed my mind about him. Even in games he's scored he's still been the weakest link in goals against us, he doesn't run at defenders which makes it easy to bring the ball out of defence and set up attacks, that just doesn't fit in with how we like to play. If everyone isn't working hard then it breaks down for us and Mackin is the only player I've seen in our team that fails to do the work we need off the ball. I've never criticised his talent of scoring goals but imo that just isn't enough in our current tactics of how Hoppy sets the team out to play.

We didn't need Mackin to play like that today though as the game was scrappy, we hit a lot of long balls up to him and he was immense at winning everything in the air, and caused havoc in Brechin's defence, we wouldn't have won today without him, I can't think of many teams that will play like Brechin though, so my original opinion of where he'll fit in stands. I praised Hoppy for bringing Mackin on because it was absolutely the right substitution to make, same as Gallagher and McMillan was last week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved win today , made it very nervy last 10 minutes at the end. Silly foul by gallagher who wasn't his best today. Some poor goals both teams gave away. My motm was byrne , don't think he lost the ball all game , some of his touches are great to watch. Very good for us breaking up the play and winning tackles. Mackin had his best game for us today took goal well. Penrice had good second half , rafa played well to good to see him back. Another for halkett think he may be our joint top scorer now. Well done and back up to second keep going livingston

Ref looked scared to make a call all afternoon, piss poor.

Liked having Rafa up front as it replaced Danny's ability to take a man on a drive the ball forward. Thought we looked really slow in getting the ball forward today but Hoppy made the right calls and won us the game.

Mackin looked really good today, just his kind of game but still honestly not sure we can rely on him. He's good to have on the bench at most but for the rest of the other games he seemed lazy.

Up to 2nd again, flying high. ICT next week bring it on

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Totally clueless again by Dodds.The players are even looking like Dodds when he played by kicking everyone in sight when things dont go their way.The board should take a leaf out of Rangers book and have the balls to sack the manager.

And you'd replace him with who?

Dick Cambel

Ray McKinon

Alan Stubs

or how about

Billy Dodds at least you might spell his surname correctly!

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Feel bad for Brechin. Can understand if people get annoyed with Dods but would they really be doing any better with someone else in charge? Was always going to be a very tough season.

Just the trolls who get annoyed with Dods. Most of us realise the situation and are just glad we are competing well without getting humped. Our only gripe is the lack of a bit of luck in front of goal.  In all honesty only Dunfermline have steamrollered us so far so we remain optimistic .  

4 hours ago, AMC13 said:

I'm glad we beat Brechin today because of their accents, also because it moved us up to second but mainly because of the accents.

We had a wee wander through the village / town or whatever it's called , looking for a pub with sky TV to watch the lunchtime match but to no avail.  Don't know who designed the town but he/she  must have been a teetotal non sports person . :lol:

In a round about way maybe  explains why Livi are only attracting 900 at a home game when they are flying high in the Championship when the locals and visitors are not really encouraged by the more traditional pre match routines of gathering in the pub for some fitba banter. 

Plenty of pubs in Livingston with Sky/BT football, pretty sure the Livi Inn have a couple of tvs in their bar with it too. Doubt that's why our crowds have dropped though.

There were quite a few Brechin fans in the stadium bar, unfortunately it was some 2nd tier Bundesliga game that was on.

Totally clueless again by Dodds.The players are even looking like Dodds when he played by kicking everyone in sight when things dont go their way.The board should take a leaf out of Rangers book and have the balls to sack the manager.

This from a fud that wasn't even at the game. BTW great pies[emoji23][emoji23]

We had a wee wander through the village / town or whatever it's called , looking for a pub with sky TV to watch the lunchtime match but to no avail.  Don't know who designed the town but he/she  must have been a teetotal non sports person . :lol:
In a round about way maybe  explains why Livi are only attracting 900 at a home game when they are flying high in the Championship when the locals and visitors are not really encouraged by the more traditional pre match routines of gathering in the pub for some fitba banter. 

Our shopping Centre is probably bigger than your town, nice try though. Hope you enjoyed your day you won't get many bigger than this.

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Just the trolls who get annoyed with Dods. Most of us realise the situation and are just glad we are competing well without getting humped. Our only gripe is the lack of a bit of luck in front of goal.  In all honesty only Dunfermline have steamrollered us so far so we remain optimistic .  

Glad you think a regular supporter is a troll but I suppose that's the mafia mentality and you are deluded with the rest of them that are glad we are getting every week.Not having won a game since last season is a poor show,getting beat from Buckie Thistle is even worse.Any decent committee would have sacked Dodds by now and don't give me any shite about being part time with limited resources as Steve Aitken is managing fine at Dumbarton with similar resources to us.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Glad you think a regular supporter is a troll but I suppose that's the mafia mentality and you are deluded with the rest of them that are glad we are getting every week.Not having won a game since last season is a poor show,getting beat from Buckie Thistle is even worse.Any decent committee would have sacked Dodds by now and don't give me any shite about being part time with limited resources as Steve Aitken is managing fine at Dumbarton with similar resources to us.

So basically you are right and most of the support are wrong, can you back up your statement with fact about Dumbarton's resources or is it just your usual trolling crap Angry3

If the committee had backed Darren to the hilt then yes you could maybe expect questions to start getting asked .But fact s are he got us promoted in an injury / suspension ravaged season a thing that former managers with more money to spend and more attack minded players to deal with never .
As Hedge says we re a striker away from winning game s .
I can t comment on yesterday as bus left too early as I was working .
But I would say his cup record is woeful and a cup run is a must this year to bring in extra cash . If we lose too Buckie again I d maybe start to ask questions.
We have a must win game next week a game which on paper is definitely winnable ..
This season's going ok after a sticky start we ve found our feet and are nt being steam rolled . If lady luck had gone our way we d be on about 10 points .
Maybe come January window if it's viable we can bring in a striker .

37 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

If the committee had backed Darren to the hilt then yes you could maybe expect questions to start getting asked .But fact s are he got us promoted in an injury / suspension ravaged season a thing that former managers with more money to spend and more attack minded players to deal with never .
As Hedge says we re a striker away from winning game s .
I can t comment on yesterday as bus left too early as I was working .
But I would say his cup record is woeful and a cup run is a must this year to bring in extra cash . If we lose too Buckie again I d maybe start to ask questions.
We have a must win game next week a game which on paper is definitely winnable ..
This season's going ok after a sticky start we ve found our feet and are nt being steam rolled . If lady luck had gone our way we d be on about 10 points .
Maybe come January window if it's viable we can bring in a striker .

That seems to have carried over to this season .   I feel Andy Jackson would have made all the difference to this team as he would have been the experienced head for the young strikers to feed off. Hopefully he makes a quicker recovery than estimated and gets us going in the second half of the season.    Glad to see Euan Smith back again though. He was certainly a presence in midfield when he came on. Gives us another option in the weeks ahead. 

It was mentioned  earlier that Dods left it a bit late to change things about . This is one thing I do agree with and wonder if they had been made earlier would we perhaps have sneaked a draw. It was a  bold move shoving Crighton up the park for the last 10 minutes but one which seemed to rattle the Livi defence as we had quite a few chances late on with our more direct style. (ironic as the trolls have criticised Dods all season for his  hit and hope tactics  8) ) 

Thought McMillan was our best player yesterday and was subbed at half time ,was he injured ? Declan Gallagher had his worst game in a Livi shirt yesterday hopefully just a blip ,Jacobs came on and looked great so makes me wonder why he isn’t starting these days and how is mackin getting a game at this level of football ??? Glad this games out of the way and lIvi bagged the 3 Pts ...happy days 

Archived