Livi v Brechin

Quicker we can forget about today the better. Think this will be quite tough, Brechin will sit in and we'll struggle with that.

Todorov  -  Carrick
De Vita  -  Penrice  -  Byrne  -  Jacobs  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Gallagher  -  Halkett
Alexander

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed that Pittman needs a rest. Looked very jaded today, no shame in sitting this one out. Will be interesting to see if Mackin starts this or not too, hoping it's Todorov and Carrick but we'll struggle regardless without Mullen.

Can't see Pittman being dropped, as long as Toddy is up front and Gallagher is in defence along with Halkett and Lithgow we'll be fine.

Despite being the bottom team and likely for 10th place finish Brechin are still a tough nut to crack and we'll need to be disciplined and patient, can't afford any defensive slip ups to give them something to get a lift from.

With Mullen suspended for this game I'd like to see Toddy and Rafa up front tbh.

Not going to be an easy game this, despite Brechin being routed to the bottom they haven't been outplayed by anyone and have competed despite the points total they have. 

We know from our game against them earlier in the season, a game really we were lucky to get a point from that we will need to be at it to get the win we all want.

My concern is Brechin will be hard to break down, they will sit and be compact and we've found that difficult to come up against so far this season, it's also important to see a reaction after yesterday.

If we score and early goal that will settle us down but it's important we remain patient both on the pitch and in the stands if we dont, I don't care how we get it but a win here is important after yesterday's disapointment. 

As has been said Danny Mullen being out is a blow but I think Toddy up top with Carrick is the obvious way to go, it wouldn't surprise me to see McMillan starting this one after coming on yesterday and performing well, I'd be tempted to put Penrice to LWB and bring Jacobs into the middle too. 

So a line up of 

Alexander, McMillan, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Penrice, Pittman, Byrne, Jacobs, Toderov and Carrick. 

Mullin, Longridge to the bench and Mullen out suspended.

Rafa or Carrick partnering Toddy, but i'd prefer Rafa to start, he's looked keen to have a pop at goal from outside the box and I think we need to be scoring some of those type of goals more. That line up looks good defensively andy, McMillan and Penrice also look decent going forward, and Keaghan hasn't started for a while so he'd be bursting to get stuck in, I like that line up.

32 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Rafa or Carrick partnering Toddy, but i'd prefer Rafa to start, he's looked keen to have a pop at goal from outside the box and I think we need to be scoring some of those type of goals more. That line up looks good defensively andy, McMillan and Penrice also look decent going forward, and Keaghan hasn't started for a while so he'd be bursting to get stuck in, I like that line up.

My reason for choosing Carrick is because I think he is a very similar player to Danny, he's busy and has good quick feet on the ball, I understand what you are saying re De Vita but think Toderov and Carrick is keeping continuity.

But yeh I think McMillan is better defensively than Mullin and isn't too bad going forward either, almost same description for me going Penrice instead of Longridge. 

As you say Jacobs hasn't started for a while and will be itching to get some game time, it also leaves us with a fairly strong bench with De Vita, Mullin, Cadden, Knox, Mackin all who can come on and change the game if it isn't working. 

Carrick and Mullen are too similar to play together. It's one or the other.
I'm a fan of Carrick and wanted to see him shine this season after getting punted out to possibly the worst team in Scotland and as yet it's not happened.
Toddy and Carrick would be the way id go in my opinion with Devita replacing Mullin to come on later in the game.

14 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Carrick and Mullen are too similar to play together. It's one or the other.
I'm a fan of Carrick and wanted to see him shine this season after getting punted out to possibly the worst team in Scotland and as yet it's not happened.
Toddy and Carrick would be the way id go in my opinion with Devita replacing Mullin to come on later in the game.

Danny Mullen is suspended for this so the discussion is do we pair Carrick or Raffa with Toddy up front ? 

I would go Carrick because as you say he pretty much plays the same way Danny does. 

Danny Mullen is suspended for this so the discussion is do we pair Carrick or Raffa with Toddy up front ? 
I would go Carrick because as you say he pretty much plays the same way Danny does. 

I would say Carrick as well. Rafa seems to do better coming off the bench in recent times apart from the Hibs game.

Is Cadden available for this game, must have been ok in training when he got starts against Dumbarton and Utd but keeps on going off injured quite early with his shoulder bothering him. Was looking pretty lively in both games too, that's another option up front.

55 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Driving through to the game. What s the parking like at the ground ?

plenty of parking but they charge £5 for the privilege. There's plenty of free parking around the local area plus a Lidl's car park right in front of the stadium. They have a 1.5 hour waiting limit but I haven't seen any yellow jackets there for probably two years now - maybe someone else can advise?

plenty of parking but they charge £5 for the privilege. There's plenty of free parking around the local area plus a Lidl's car park right in front of the stadium. They have a 1.5 hour waiting limit but I haven't seen any yellow jackets there for probably two years now - maybe someone else can advise?

Great thanks for the advice buddy

If you're using any of the Centre carparks i'd recommend the multi-storey one, it's the cheapest at 50p an hour. St Margaret's school (left at the traffic lights after st Johns hospital, then turn right a couple of hundred yards down the hill) is free and a short walk coming out across a bridge by the East Stand. Lidl's is prob handiest as it's right next to the stadium but they threaten giving you a ticket if you aren't shopping there, r spend too long in their carpark, can't enforce it though but you may get hassled with threatening letters for a few months.

13 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Driving through to the game. What s the parking like at the ground ?

As mentioned the Lidl is right next to the ground, easier to get out of as well if you leave by the North side rather than the South where the £5 is, but you'll be getting threatened with tickets and letters.

There's a bowling club and a high school just across the bridge from the ground and a college at the opposite side, I've no idea when/if the car park gets closed at the school though (same with the college), and I've only ever parked at the bowling club once and it was a few years ago.

There's a Domino's nearby that you should be fine to park at, probably about a 5-10 minute walk.

As mentioned the Lidl is right next to the ground, easier to get out of as well if you leave by the North side rather than the South where the £5 is, but you'll be getting threatened with tickets and letters.
There's a bowling club and a high school just across the bridge from the ground and a college at the opposite side, I've no idea when/if the car park gets closed at the school though (same with the college), and I've only ever parked at the bowling club once and it was a few years ago.
There's a Domino's nearby that you should be fine to park at, probably about a 5-10 minute walk.

Great thanks for the advice much apreceated

Archived