Disappointing and another poor away performance that seems to be getting more and more common.

We don't seem able to play in a manner to grind out chances or keep teams out especially when we go behind. If we can do it at EEP then why not away? Baffling.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently we had a fair few penalty shouts turned down. Obviously I can't really say much but were any of them decent shouts?

One in 1st half Caley player went into keeper and should have been booked for diving. One in second half looked like a push and i was surprised it wasn't given

Disappointing and another poor away performance that seems to be getting more and more common.
We don't seem able to play in a manner to grind out chances or keep teams out especially when we go behind. If we can do it at EEP then why not away? Baffling.

IMO a big part of our game is a quick counter attack which is helped by the relatively long pitch at eep.

As it is our defensive record away from home is actually better than at home, ok its marginal and influenced by some of our home goals against being when we have switched off with the game won but our defence is reasonably consistent, we just seem to lack abit of creativity away from home. We can either accept this and play for draws which is relatively easy thing to do or we look for something more radical and continue to chase wins.

Even looking at our away record we are doing ok IMO, we could be a few points better off but that is mostly due to our 2nd half performance at Morton.

Outside of that we have to be more accepting as a support of the odd lapse. It is well accepted that top 4 would be reasonable progress from last season, we are going to have l the odd defeat along the way.

Missed the 5-1 match earlier in the season so this was the first chance I had to see Inverness in action this term. 

I thought Inverness were good and deserved their win. They looked solid defensively. Raven seems to have shored up the right side of defence after Cardle caused issues at EEP earlier in the campaign. Is Seedorf still at Caley or has he been dumped already? 

Vigurs ran the show and Polworth was good too. Bell looked nippy and lively; he caused us more problems I felt than Baird did, who really should have scored to make it 2-0 around the 60th minute too.

Mulraney looked good again also. A nice group evolvimg under JR it seems: it says a lot IMO when guys such as Gary Warren are on the bench!

The Pars I felt were OK. We weren't that bad defensively. The goal was avoidable but also unlucky that Ashcroft's touch took the ball away from Morris. 

Aird looked lively but we never utilised him enough and Cardle didn't manage to make top much of an impact when he came on despite forcing Ridgers into a good stop. 

Smith should have scored in the first half and I hope it hasn't dented his confidemce too much. 

Overall, not the best of matches due to the wind. A deserved win for John Robertson's men but Dunfermline shouldn't be too disheartened either.

You can find my full report of the match on my website, here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/29/caley-continue-to-climb-championship-table/

Yeah nobody is expecting us to win it really but in two game recently we had one shot on goal in both games. Considering the attacking options we have it's not good enough. I think the midfield is more the issue. If we get overrun we don't know what to do. Personally I would have liked us go for a midfielder instead of Ryan but who was to know how Clarks operation was going to go or how well Smith did? How far is Paton away from a comeback? He could help in there.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Losing games is fair enough. Losing and playing terribly is rather more concerning. Big performance needed on Saturday.

You did not have a bad game and the scoreline endorses that fact.

Yes there was diving but from both sides, it's in Mulraney's game unfortunately and it is becoming less frequent thankfully but the Pars had a couple of questionable free's too.

Diving is becoming part of every team's game sadly at all levels,  some players have become artists from the high board hence we see more and more yellow cards for it

Popped in here expecting to read about a Clark master class with a couple of goals. Take it he's still starting and getting full games while others polish the bench. gonna be a long frustrating season for some but I did warn you.

"The fans have been starved of a good win against a good team here at home" - John Robertson Post-Pars

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/30/john-robertson-post-pars/

I heard there was around 500 away fans there on Saturday, meaning there was roughly 2400 ICT supporters. Is this crowd way lower than when you were in the Premiership or have numbers stayed relatively stable? 

Will be interesting to see how Caley do now they seem to have settled in: if they keep this up, they should be in the play-offs come May. 

"The fans have been starved of a good win against a good team here at home" - John Robertson Post-Pars
https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/30/john-robertson-post-pars/
I heard there was around 500 away fans there on Saturday, meaning there was roughly 2400 ICT supporters. Is this crowd way lower than when you were in the Premiership or have numbers stayed relatively stable? 
Will be interesting to see how Caley do now they seem to have settled in: if they keep this up, they should be in the play-offs come May. 

I would suggest that 2400 home fans is a lot more than we have been getting recently.

22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You did not have a bad game and the scoreline endorses that fact.

Not really. It suggests neither side was very good but Caley were better than us.

Your keeper made, at a push, one save all game, while Murdoch had to make three superb stops. Plus, you also hit the bar.

We were very poor on Saturday and miles from our best.

6 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:

I would suggest that 2400 home fans is a lot more than we have been getting recently.

I would agree with that, and again it was noticeable that the atmosphere was poor, the loss of the boys is a big miss, the lone drummer boy in the North Stand has given up too.

Archived