A tough and at times an over physical game from both sides but overall we edged it and got a deserved win.

The Pars gave as good as they got but truth be told they lacked that finish in front of goal.

Liam, a word, we all know that Baird isn't ballsy enough to finish one on one after a decent pass but to get aggressive and threatening serves no feckin purpose, we had enough with Kellacher and you  two weeks ago. 

For me it's more than obvious we need an out and out striker, defense and midfield worked hard today but Baird and then Oakley are not fit for purpose.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An absolutely dreadful performance and were quite lucky to only lose 1-0. Murdoch made at least three very good saved and Caley hit the bar.

For us,  Smith missed a sitter in the first half and the keeper almost parried a cross into his own net. Other than that, feck all. One of our worst displays in a while and other than maybe Murdoch, no one gets any pass marks.

Caley were well up for the game, won almost every second ball and dealt with the little we threw at them very easily. They were decent in spells but not fantastic. 

On 27/10/2017 at 09:06, Poet of the Macabre said:

We're not going to win the league.

On 27/10/2017 at 09:08, DAFC. said:

Says who?

We've still got away games at Falkirk, United and St Mirren before Christmas. If we're still only three points off the top by then I'd be amazed/delighted. We may challenge just cause everyone else is poor and inconsistent but we're miles off being a decent side.

Congrats to Inverness who have obviously managed to turn the corner. Don't think they'll get away every week with the niggly playing the man before the ball comes near stuff, they were getting away with today. Highly frustrating along with the ease that the ICT players go to ground in any tussle - you could say they've mastered some dark arts, but it's more painful to watch than stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork. One of the most inept refereeing performances I've seen in a long time.

Said for a few weeks now. Now I think Clark is a great player but he's scored 1/2 ? Since starting games after injury. We started the season with McManus and Smith and it worked. We would take them off for Ryan and Clark and they seemed to score. Should go back to that imo McManus is by far our best striker. Strong,fast. Wasn't at the game today so can't say to much but change it up top AJ

A much improved Inverness from the start of the season and they deserved to win. They made most of the running and goal chances, particularly in the first half, whereas we created little. Smith had a good opportunity first half but our only one on target was from Cardle with about 5-10 minutes to go.

Can't have any complaints about the result as we didn't get going. We didn't get the ball into dangerous areas anywhere near enough, our passing wasn't at it and Inverness pressed us quickly and disrupted our own game. Not that it made any difference to the result, but Mulraney was disappointing in his determination to go to ground easily, and Clancy gave some strange decisions throughout.

That said, it wasn't down to either of those things that we lost. We weren't good enough on the day and, while I empathised with the front two as they were starved of service, we needed a bit more from them in terms of movement to create space. For me, McManus has to start next week as he will drop a bit deeper in search of the ball and links with the midfield well.

We lacked composure in the middle of the park I thought as well. ICT didn't create as much after half-time but they were very comfortable at the back. We got what we deserved.

A much improved Inverness from the start of the season and they deserved to win. They made most of the running and goal chances, particularly in the first half, whereas we created little. Smith had a good opportunity first half but our only one on target was from Cardle with about 5-10 minutes to go.
Can't have any complaints about the result as we didn't get going. We didn't get the ball into dangerous areas anywhere near enough, our passing wasn't at it and Inverness pressed us quickly and disrupted our own game. Not that it made any difference to the result, but Mulraney was disappointing in his determination to go to ground easily, and Clancy gave some strange decisions throughout.
That said, it wasn't down to either of those things that we lost. We weren't good enough on the day and, while I empathised with the front two as they were starved of service, we needed a bit more from them in terms of movement to create space. For me, McManus has to start next week as he will drop a bit deeper in search of the ball and links with the midfield well.
We lacked composure in the middle of the park I thought as well. ICT didn't create as much after half-time but they were very comfortable at the back. We got what we deserved.

I for one are totally shocked by those comments. Who'd have thunk it?

Apparently we had a fair few penalty shouts turned down. Obviously I can't really say much but were any of them decent shouts?

I was right behind the goal for the push on Donaldson in the 2nd half and it was a stonewaller.

The one in the corner of the box in the first half looked like a pen but that was from the other end of the ground so can’t be certain. Also, I think it was Mulraney, so the ref would probably have assumed he was diving, as he did blatantly later on in the exact same position when the defender didn’t even touch him.

Was surprised he wasn’t booked for that. Robertson needs to have a word with Mulraney as his diving is becoming embarrassing

4 hours ago, Mr Tourette said:

I was right behind the goal for the push on Donaldson in the 2nd half and it was a stonewaller.

So much for the impending doom associated with Donaldson. He was solid as he was assured yesterday.

Those amongst us that seemed desperate to buy into the anti hype rather than give the young chap an even break should be suitably contrite.

As for the penalty denied, unless he suffered an instantaneous outbreak of pressleyitis, my eyes were true when registering a flagrant foul.

19 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Congrats to Inverness who have obviously managed to turn the corner. Don't think they'll get away every week with the niggly playing the man before the ball comes near stuff, they were getting away with today. Highly frustrating along with the ease that the ICT players go to ground in any tussle - you could say they've mastered some dark arts, but it's more painful to watch than stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork. One of the most inept refereeing performances I've seen in a long time.

Salty tears?

Archived