12 minutes ago, RiG said:

I had genuinely forgotten all about him TBH. Hopefully we don't see him again however given that Raven is almost certain to move on in January when his contract is up we'll be missing a RB again.

I was stunned that he was playing ahead of Raven to begin with. Even a half-fit David Raven would be a far better option.

Is his contract up in January or are you just hoping to cash in?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I was stunned that he was playing ahead of Raven to begin with. Even a half-fit David Raven would be a far better option.

Is his contract up in January or are you just hoping to cash in?

He signed a six month contract in the summer so he is only here until January. He is nearing the end of his career and he is not the player he was a few years ago for obvious reasons. Robbo had been trying to punt Raven and Fon Williams until he realised the cheap lads he brought in to replace them were mostly honking so had to call on them again.

However, despite us looking a bit more steady in recent weeks with Raven in the team it seems certain he'll be away. Unless he takes another pay cut I can't see us keeping him on as we don't really have the funds. A better solution would be to see if some of the other dross in the squad could be cut and the money saved there used to keep Raven until the summer.

Still only 32 though, definitely worth giving him to the end of the season if he can still handle the Championship. I don't think you guys would be getting promoted this season, even if you ended up in the top four, so surely will be able to handle this level most weeks.

Definitely heading to this one so quite excited about the thought of a few beers and a Pars away day. Let's hope we get a good performance.

Not going to make it up this time which is a shame as I like the trip to Inverness. Hopefully we can nick something before we go over to Falkirk. These 2 games will be the 2 that will tell us whether we're genuine title contenders or if we're just going to make up the numbers in the play off. Can't see us winning both. 4 points would be a great return although 2 or 3 points wouldn't be too shabby either. f**k it. 3-1 Pars. Higgy, Aird, Ashcroft. Mulraney for them who'll also get booked for diving.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not going to make it up this time which is a shame as I like the trip to Inverness. Hopefully we can nick something before we go over to Falkirk. These 2 games will be the 2 that will tell us whether we're genuine title contenders or if we're just going to make up the numbers in the play off. Can't see us winning both. 4 points would be a great return although 2 or 3 points wouldn't be too shabby either. f**k it. 3-1 Pars. Higgy, Aird, Ashcroft. Mulraney for them who'll also get booked for diving.

We're not going to win the league.

1 hour ago, patricelad said:

i think Inverness haven't lost a goal in something like 4 games so its gonna be tough just hope we can get a win or take a draw COYP

Yeah, four consecutive clean sheets

ICT 0 QotS 0

ICT 3 Peterhead 0

Falkirk 0 ICT 0

Dundee Utd 0 ICT 2

So a couple of goalless draws and a win over a lower league side included.  We were apparently poor against Queens but should've won the game in Falkirk and were good at Tannadice.

As said above, this is a big test for us.  Is the improvement genuine and can we look to get up the table, or is it transitory and we need to concentrate on staying away from Brechin?

According to Robertson  in this mornings Courier Doran, who had a run out in monday nights bounce game, is physcally fit but not match fit so he will not figure in tomorrow's match and they are looking at loaning him out??

Elbouzedi who impressed the most in the pre season knock abouts and also played on monday night will also miss this game but hopefully he's not too far away from a start.

The addition of Doran and Elbouzedi would I'm sure make a big difference to our play.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Common sense?

We don't have enough depth, we're too slack at the back and don't think we're ready for the step up in quality.

Hope I'm wrong but think we'll end up 3rd or 4th behind Dundee United and St Mirren.

I feel it in ma watur; we're gonny win it!

I think we'll probably end up 2nd or 3rd tbh. We look quite inconsistent already. 

Our points tally has steadily improved in each quarter since we got promoted. United are the only team in the league we've not beaten so psychologically they're probably our biggest hurdle (plus we're shite away to Falkirk). 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Our points tally has steadily improved in each quarter since we got promoted. United are the only team in the league we've not beaten so psychologically they're probably our biggest hurdle (plus we're shite away to Falkirk). 

Don't forget Morton!

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Don't forget Morton!

They were due a bit of luck against us after conceding so many goals to The Moff last season. Suppose I’m trying to say our improvement is not that sudden - we won four of the last six games at the end of last season. For ages we couldn’t beat any full time teams except St Mirren and Morton. Then we couldn’t beat a ‘top’ team but duly scudded Falkirk. All these little victories must build confidence. Don’t think we’ve had a hard fought win this season. Every few games we’re gash and the rest of the time the opponents get blown away and we’re just killing time for the last hour. 

Archived