Trigger warnings

Cerberus

5 hours ago, The OP said:

Plenty of adults get into a lather about a few books that were written over 1000 years ago tbf. 

You beat me to it by several hours but didn't have a clue what a trigger warning was (is) but this was going to be my 'go to', a lot of old books have triggered pretty strong reactions over the years, ze Nazis tried to alleviate the issue by burning the ones they didn't like but that's maybe a new (or old) topic.  While I can't stand Shakespeare or most of the old 'classics', (and I'll toss Rabbie Burns in too :o) I'm amazed that people could be offended by it, I really can't see past it being a 'choice' to be offended but then there's nowt as queer as folk. (I'll report myself to the mods). :P

It's surely possible to agree with the vast majority of what people describe as "progressive values" but still laugh/criticise examples where it has blatantly jumped the shark.

What's more annoying than the sheer wankness of stuff like this is the inevitable yer da type whinging about it from folk who mainly resent not being able to call people nig-nogs or lezzers at work.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It's surely possible to agree with the vast majority of what people describe as "progressive values" but still laugh/criticise examples where it has blatantly jumped the shark.

What's more annoying than the sheer wankness of stuff like this is the inevitable yer da type whinging about it from folk who mainly resent not being able to call people nig-nogs or lezzers at work.

I don't work, can I still make wildly offensive statements ? I'd feel as if I wasn't part of society, some people are so prejudiced against the unemployed.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Ooft, the first crack. Congratulations, keep going.

Archived