Queens v Falkirk

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

As Alloa replaced the pitch recently to the same manufacturer as us I would suggest your pitch is more Kilmarnock or Hamilton than TFS.

By the way I want to see the back of our plastic too despite it being recognised as the best in Scotland.

And your reason for that is?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hawk said:

You know he'll set up for a 0-0 draw with the hope of snatching a late goal. Any point for you away from home against a team in the top half of the league would be an unexpected bonus.

Wins against Brechin, Dumbarton and us(Houston Shambles era) suggests we have nothing to fear, hopefully Rankin is starting.

P.s I'm expecting a draw

Here was me thinking that all you farmers in the South of Scotland loved talking about fields too....

Of course we do, just not in these threads. The topics in these threads are limited to Attendances, Size of the Clubs, The Pitches or How shite your ex players were. Pick a topic and fire in ;)

Only one way we are going to lose on Saturday and that’ll be because of the pitch. The league will do anything they can to help the Tories.

The only infuriating thing about that post is that the last bit is no longer a wind-up but is technically true :angry:

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There is machinery. Brushes plus a new tining machine added recently I think.

Plus a mechanical shovel to remove snow.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And your reason for that is?

The pitch is not as good as it was when laid. You only need to watch the strange bounces from time to time now.

I prefer to watch the game on grass

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

The pitch is not as good as it was when laid. You only need to watch the strange bounces from time to time now.

Not surprising giving the amount of usage it is getting with all the kids teams, as well as clubs like Brechin,  Bo'ness and others using it to train on.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know and if we had loads of cash then that would be the way to go. I just like the fact that if it's a sat and a home game you know it's going to be on.  Some of the pitches in Scotland last season were like ploughed parks.

I know and if we had loads of cash then that would be the way to go. I just like the fact that if it's a sat and a home game you know it's going to be on.  Some of the pitches in Scotland last season were like ploughed parks.

There clearly are upsides when the poor weather hits however pre the plastic there have not been too many games off at TFS.

It turned into a poor surface when we didn’t invest in its upkeep, dug it up, laid plastic via a few investors who were getting a handsome interest rate (that they probably decided on themselves) and paid them back after selling Kingsley and McGrandles.

I would much rather a good properly maintained grass surface. Hopefully that will return when eventually the 2nd pitch is laid on the East side of the stadium giving us somewhere to train each day.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My biggest concern is with Bairdy missing, who is going to step up to get the home fans all riled up? 

My biggest hope is that Aero rattles the head in someone after slotting home a dubiously won penalty. 

Its got to be Aero. I can see it now, one of his Cafu-esque runs, storming down the right hand side, cuts inside before being hacked down by one of Queens dirty 30+ year old defenders and then stepping up to the penalty spot to paneka the 35+ year old Queens goalie before whipping his shlong out and helicoptering it infront of the home end. Beautiful.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I suppose that would make it a bit easier on the eye?

Archived