Queens v Falkirk

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont think we were ever 9th. We were 8th at the end of November though.

We had 9 points and were 9th after playing the 10th game of the season against Dundee, just after Antell picked up his injury.

Confirmed at the end of the OS report.

http://www.qosfc.com/match-838

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Flash said:

We had 9 points and were 9th after playing the 10th game of the season against Dundee, just after Antell picked up his injury.

Confirmed at the end of the OS report.

http://www.qosfc.com/match-838

Fair enough. He said "around Christmas" so I checked January, December and back end of November.

17 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Great result and performance by the mighty South today. Made so much sweeter tonight after listening to this clem’s post match interview......get it rite up ye Muirheid emoji109.pngemoji97.png
By the way, does he suffer from a tourette’s type tic?!

I watched this and must confess I didn’t take exception to anything he said.  It was a poor display from Falkirk but he didn’t duck that or pass the blame anywhere else. If he’d come out grinning that would have been wierd......

8 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

I watched this and must confess I didn’t take exception to anything he said.  It was a poor display from Falkirk but he didn’t duck that or pass the blame anywhere else. If he’d come out grinning that would have been wierd......

Yes, I thought the same.

He comes across well - pretty articulate and making the correct noises in the circumstances.

19 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Great result and performance by the mighty South today. Made so much sweeter tonight after listening to this clem’s post match interview......get it rite up ye Muirheid emoji109.pngemoji97.png
By the way, does he suffer from a tourette’s type tic?!

Difficult situation for Muirhead, local guy with history against us and just been humped again. I thought he spoke well and didn't duck or dive from the questions asked.

As mentioned above, we have no "dead cat bounce" because we had a manager who had become rank rotten assembling a squad with too many players who are also rank rotten.

Confident that PH will sort things out before the season is done, but there is going to have to be a major clear out for it to happen.

Sorry for those who still think this season still has something major to offer. It's done, it's over. It's now all about getting out of the bottom two, then get rid of the remaining dross in the summer.

As mentioned above, we have no "dead cat bounce" because we had a manager who had become rank rotten assembling a squad with too many players who are also rank rotten.
Confident that PH will sort things out before the season is done, but there is going to have to be a major clear out for it to happen.
Sorry for those who still think this season still has something major to offer. It's done, it's over. It's now all about getting out of the bottom two, then get rid of the remaining dross in the summer.

Sorry to disagree but I don’t think the majority of the team are bad players. I genuinely think the team is not gelling well just now or showing the levels of commitment to the cause they showed, particularly the season before last.

It’s surely fair to say that there was a bit of a bounce under Smith so I struggle to understand why we are playing so poorly and lacking in commitment at present.

I am happy to give Paul Hartley time but to be honest I expected a little more than we got from the team, especially on Saturday.

The Alex Smith bounce needs a wee bit of context wrt opposition and the competitions in question.

I had mentioned before that either physically and/or mentally, there's a really weak streak in our squad (not all players, but enough of a critical mass to make it a near impossible job for those who are up for it to compensate for those who ain't hungry or physical enough). We have too many players hoping someone else will do the hard work for them. Technically, you could argue they are not bad footballers, but collectively, they won't all fight for one another. Dross is maybe too strong a term, and individually, they might do ok elsewhere, but we have too many Mr Nice Guys, and a good number of them need to go.

Archived