Queens v Falkirk

Dobbie is a joy to watch, tho beginning to think he turns up to 11 for us, think he has only one poor performance against us.

No, he just turns up! I wish he'd start doing it against anyone else. He's only scored against Falkirk in the league this season.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with you re the knicker wetters, why anyone is seriously talking about relegation is beyond me. Likely the same folk who thought we would finish 5th or worse last year.

We tho seem to have a few knicker wetters thinking we will be in line for relegation, sorry but better teams than us will be beaten in Dumfries

a6666e70e93c9fd4d613a6e494c93154.jpg

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No, he just turns up! I wish he'd start doing it against anyone else. He's only scored against Falkirk in the league this season.

He was also unusually lively today.

I don't think I've ever seen him doing so much harassing of defenders before.  It's not usually a feature of his game at all, but this afternoon it was.

Enjoyed the game today, apart from the two goals scored against, where they seem to loose concentration, good to see Dukes starting to play a bit, he was also decent Queens last home game , although I was surprised at Murray given man of the match, was all impressed with Rooney when he came on, and good to see SD back on the score sheet, and also Derek, what a servant he has been. Well pleased.

We had a shaky start and went 2 up against run of play. From 20 - 80 mins we played some great stuff with Dobbie orchestrating some sublime passages of play. Dykes set a benchmark today and was outstanding both in terms of work rate and his link up play. Kerr continues to impress.

Rooney can consider himself very unfortunate not to have started more games - certainly offers so much going forward.

Cant believe we got ourselves into such a mess at the end - dreadful game management. Surely 3-0 with a few minutes to go at home should be comfortable.

For Falkirk Balatoni and McGhee are a pale shadow of the McCracken/Grant partnership but I thought Dunne was excellent.

First of all well done Queens, we were rattled again today by a much better side.

We started off really well IMO, then the horror show began, lots of individual mistakes through the whole team apart from Dunne. The goalie is just fcuking murder, he’s history as soon as Hartley can get someone in.  Austin is a sugar or shite player and he was utter shite today, always on the wrong side of his man and waiting for the ball to come to him.

Ach, no point even going any further with my views, we all know how bad it all is at our club just now. Hartley has a real job on his hands to sort this Houston mess out.

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

The only good thing Houston did in the last few months was wind you up, you’re fucking raging and you won 4-2 for fucks sake.

I'm no ragin', I'm just upset I had to change my Pampers before I go out tonight because I pissed myself laughing watching Falkirk today!

Well that was entertaining, typical fare from Queens, anything can happen....

The first two goals came so easily it was almost unreal. Falkirk had indeed looked lively for 10 minutes,  but after going 2 up we were happy to get to HT.

Second half we dominated, Dobbie and Murray both had great chances,  and when the third went in we thought that was it ( was Thomson at fault for the 3rd?).

However, this is Queens and we don’t do comfortable. We were right behind the free kick, it sailed in with everyone standing statuesque, including Martin - was he unsighted?

Cue panic all round,  and minutes later it was in the back of our net.

Cue even more panic, but a piece of Dobbie brilliance put Lyle through, I thought he’d delayed too long but he took his chance with aplomb.

So, except for that 5 minutes, a steady performance. Murray was excellent, I wouldn’t have taken him off. Best game I’ve seen from Dykes. Kerr and Brownlie both immense at the back (were either culpable for the goals?).

Mercer did OK, but we are better with Marshall there. And a wee bit of praise for Rankin,  he did a power of work in the middle of the park.

moving in the right direction....

Agree on the Murray substitution - when you get a young player (who has struggled a bit) suddenly gaining self confidence and really making a contribution I am not quite sure what the point is in replacing him?

May be a coincidence but that sub upset the rhythm and was unnecessary.That said it was a classic case of our players ( not for first time) taking their foot off pedal and very nearly paying a heavy price.

Agree on the Murray substitution - when you get a young player (who has struggled a bit) suddenly gaining self confidence and really making a contribution I am not quite sure what the point is in replacing him?

May be a coincidence but that sub upset the rhythm and was unnecessary.That said it was a classic case of our players ( not for first time) taking their foot off pedal and very nearly paying a heavy price.

Don't think the substitution of Murray played much part, first was silly foul from Rooney. Second I thought Tanman got brushed of the ball to easily. I don't think it was a stupid substitution tbh, for all he was decent when on the ball, a few times he got outmuscled. So can understand replacing him with tapping to try shore it up being 3-0 up, obviously vice versa happened but for me, wasn't down to the substitution.

Think Connor is benefitting from a run in the team which is great, hopefully he can add goals to his game as he's been presented with couple of decent chances recently and not taking any. Definitely a player in there though.

With a few players returning from knocks/injuries, hopefully we can continue our recent run.

I have to admit it did cross my mind as well that the momentum swing coincided with Murray going off as well. I tend to think it was more to do with the stage of the game though than anything else.

As a general point though, I’m afraid I don’t really know what Tapping brings to the team. I think it’s admirable that the club stuck by him through his injuries, but it’s looking like it wasn’t worth it.

We tho seem to have a few knicker wetters thinking we will be in line for relegation, sorry but better teams than us will be beaten in Dumfries, tho if a similar result and lack of heart next week, I'm sure I'd be more aggrieved  and go OTT but not a defeat away to a difficult venue

Worse teams than us will not concede four goals to QoS home and away.

Frankly, getting more and more concerned that people think it will all be ok in the end. We started this season off thinking we could win the league FFS.

I thought that performance lacked any heart whatsoever and our defending was powderpuff not just for the first 20 minutes, but throughout.

In the last few weeks most of us have been discussing Grant’s loss of form but apparently we only lost four goals today because he was missing?

Also, one win in 10 games and struggling to score goals does not suggest that our prospects this season are great. Hartley may change things in the New Year but we really need a win or two sooner.

Even bookmakers now believe we will be in the bottom three.

At the moment if we end up in the relegation playoffs I would not fancy our chances against Raith or Ayr.

What we need most right now is some on the park leadership and I don’t see where that’s coming from just now.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Worse teams than us will not concede four goals to QoS home and away.

Frankly, getting more and more concerned that people think it will all be ok in the end. We started this season off thinking we could win the league FFS.

I thought that performance lacked any heart whatsoever and our defending was powderpuff not just for the first 20 minutes, but throughout.

In the last few weeks most of us have been discussing Grant’s loss of form but apparently we only lost four goals today because he was missing?

Also, one win in 10 games and struggling to score goals does not suggest that our prospects this season are great. Hartley may change things in the New Year but we really need a win or two sooner.

Even bookmakers now believe we will be in the bottom three.

At the moment if we end up in the relegation playoffs I would not fancy our chances against Raith or Ayr.

What we need most right now is some on the park leadership and I don’t see where that’s coming from just now.

That`s a key point.

I very much doubt Falkirk will be bottom two but if they were absolutely no certainty they would come through the play-offs successfully.

We are shite but won't finish in the bottom three.

I didn't think we'd win the league, and it's hilarious that so many of our fans did after beating Renford Rejects and some other pish in the summer.

What we're seeing here is the after effects of Houston being given two months longer than he should have been. Thanks, happy clappers!

In fairness, Hartley is only just in the door so it is a bit early for some Falkirk fans to soil their pants.

I am sure McIntyre had us in a similar position in the October of his first season. In fact I am sure we were 8th or 9th at Christmas but still reached the play-offs. 

Archived