Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I actually think falkirk were the better in the first half, apart from 2 absolute shockers. One of them probably the worst mistakes I’ve seen from a falkirk player.

Second half queens were well on top, total heads down from falkirk until McKee scored. Queens are 100 times better organised than falkirk. Cieran Dunne was the only player who looked like doing anything, he was superb, Thomson and Gallagher are absolutely shite.

You can't have seen a lot of your team if a shortish pass back is the worst mistake you've ever seen.

I was also very surprised and relieved not to see Hippolyte come out for the second half.  He was far and away Falkirk's biggest threat.  The double-sub clearly didn't have the desired effect either as I was expecting a cavalry charge but instead we dominated for 35/40 minutes.
Falkirk won't go down, they have good players who all just look a bit disjointed at the minute.  They aren't playing as a team and there are obviously confidence issues, especially at the back.  Given their run of clean sheets it was a pleasant surprise to have those two goals gift wrapped, especially as we were second best up until that point.

Thing was we had Peter Grant out injured and that meant two changes to the back 4. We also have Thomson in goal who is frankly hopeless

Buzzing for Hartley to empty this squad in Jan.

Will Hartley be able to empty them though. If they have contracts they aren't going to just leave.

It will probably be a case of just trying to stay up and Hartley being able to move folk on in the summer.

We are really suffering through the lazy signings of the last manager and his lack of being able to build a balanced squad.

Well deserved queens win, our defence went back to Houston times funnily enough have Gallacher back in it, tho don't think his inability to defend showed till the 2nd half, both centre halves had mares too which started the poor show.

I think Austin needs to be part of a two man attack, in fact all of our strikers do, perhaps Miller the best at one up top but he isn't able to start every week. I do think we should very slight glimpses of improvement but our defence and midfield generally having no fight our downfall.

Well played Queens, put areas of our team under pressure that caused the same cracks like the previous game and Dobbie is a joy to watch, tho beginning to think he turns up to 11 for us, think he has only one poor performance against us.

We tho seem to have a few knicker wetters thinking we will be in line for relegation, sorry but better teams than us will be beaten in Dumfries, tho if a similar result and lack of heart next week, I'm sure I'd be more aggrieved  and go OTT but not a defeat away to a difficult venue

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Austin needs a partner for sure. Don't get people slagging him off when we all know he is a predatory striker who can hassle and work defenders, but ultimately gets his goals from finishing off moves in the penalty box. Loy remains the best option to work with Austin, as you could see that he is far more effective at coming deeper, controlling the ball and getting a move underway which might finish with a chance in the box. Agree with you re the knicker wetters, why anyone is seriously talking about relegation is beyond me. Likely the same folk who thought we would finish 5th or worse last year.

Eh, fuckin excuse me but I'm famously pessimistic, leave me alone!

Archived