Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Trump said:

4 clean sheets in a row for us, when was the last time that happened? Just need to add a little more in the final third.

Gary Holt season, where we surprisingly had 6 on the trot

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Thought it would be further back than that. Fair play.

It was actually 6 on the trot tho a defence of Duffie, McCracken Vaulks and Kingsley tells its own story....three possibly four would walk into our team the now

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It was actually 6 on the trot tho a defence of Duffy, McCracken Vaulks and Kingsley tells its own story....three possibly four would walk into our team the now

I dont think Duffy can do much more than walk these days unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

still only 25 and played for Clyde on Saturday for their 4-1 pumping from Peterhead......

Sometimes you wonder promoting kids at an early age and having them do a mans job can be problematic in the years ahead.........that or his joints are pants

It was actually 6 on the trot tho a defence of Duffie, McCracken Vaulks and Kingsley tells its own story....three possibly four would walk into our team the now

I’m assuming this is a fishing trip but you’ve got me. Why would you take players who are albeit not setting the heather alight at Clyde and Peterhead two leagues below us? Vaulks may walk back into the team in midfield. No issue with Kingsley, so 1 out of 4 ain’t bad.

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His dad's a good pal of mines, he's been given the all clear and his injury has fully healed, say what you want about him but he's still been one of the best right backs we had in a long time and the fact the right back position has been an area we still cant fill with a player of his quality. 

11 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

His dad's a good pal of mines, he's been given the all clear and his injury has fully healed, say what you want about him but he's still been one of the best right backs we had in a long time and the fact the right back position has been an area we still cant fill with a player of his quality. 

No he was a quality player when he was fit and playing with us. Career just seemed to fall off a cliff though . I thought he left us because he couldnt play on astro but that's obviously bullshit as he's playing at Clyde now. Shame hes not the same player as he was back then unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No he was a quality player when he was fit and playing with us. Career just seemed to fall off a cliff though . I thought he left us because he couldnt play on astro but that's obviously bullshit as he's playing at Clyde now. Shame hes not the same player as he was back then unfortunately.

Not the fact his career fell of a cliff its injury took longer to heal, its only recently he returned to playing after them which considering how long ago he left us.  Case of getting his fitness up again after it.  

I seen a few posts about Mitchells injury and trying to blame the pitch for that as well, i know there are a lot that think it should be banned in football but considering upkeep of a grass pitch and given our weather in Scotland it makes financial sense to keep with astroturf

7 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

I seen a few posts about Mitchells injury and trying to blame the pitch for that as well, i know there are a lot that think it should be banned in football but considering upkeep of a grass pitch and given our weather in Scotland it makes financial sense to keep with astroturf

It's pretty much just the dinosar pundits and hacks that think artificial pitches should be banned.

20 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Not the fact his career fell of a cliff its injury took longer to heal, its only recently he returned to playing after them which considering how long ago he left us.  Case of getting his fitness up again after it.  

I notice he was at East Fife last sason but they obviously didnt fancy him.

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's pretty much just the dinosar pundits and hacks that think artificial pitches should be banned.

I'm sure there was a survey done in America, where more artificial pitches are the norm, stating that artificial pitches were safer....

The Mitchell injury could've happened on grass, its just probably more prone to happening on artificial, similar injury happened to Grant at Livingston on grass.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

I’m assuming this is a fishing trip but you’ve got me. Why would you take players who are albeit not setting the heather alight at Clyde and Peterhead two leagues below us? Vaulks may walk back into the team in midfield. No issue with Kingsley, so 1 out of 4 ain’t bad.

If I said Stainrod would walk into our team, does that make it easier to work out ?

46 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure there was a survey done in America, where more artificial pitches are the norm, stating that artificial pitches were safer....

The Mitchell injury could've happened on grass, its just probably more prone to happening on artificial, similar injury happened to Grant at Livingston on grass.

If I said Stainrod would walk into our team, does that make it easier to work out ?

I'd rather have him in his current form than Shepherd.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:01, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Always a battle down there, and I'm strangely (and uncomfortably) confident this time.

What name has been given to the storm which will drench/windblast us on Saturday, as per every other visit?

#StormHartley

#StormFash

You do seem to bring hurricane style weather down with you!  Too many curries? 

Both teams have been keeping clean sheets, although yours are a bit more impressive than ours.  3-3 draw it is then!

I didnt realise that Queens win on Saturday was the first in the league since they clinically fuked us up in August.

Dobbie scoring 11 goals in 16 is wow, tho only 3 in the league against us, 8 goals against us over five games, we obviously need to starve him of chances.

Im kinda hoping Loy starts on Saturday, perhaps on the left of the midfield 3 to replace Harris, if we can get 60 mins out of him then that maybe enough

32 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I didnt realise that Queens win on Saturday was the first in the league since they clinically fuked us up in August.

Dobbie scoring 11 goals in 16 is wow, tho only 3 in the league against us, 8 goals against us over five games, we obviously need to starve him of chances.

Im kinda hoping Loy starts on Saturday, perhaps on the left of the midfield 3 to replace Harris, if we can get 60 mins out of him then that maybe enough

I cant see Loy starting having been out for about 4 weeks. Would be great to see him back though.

Archived