Queens v Falkirk

Hopefully we can get another win but we are stuggleing to score goals.

Dobbie has gone off form again hopefully Falkirk can get him going again.

We could be without Kerr McFadden Marshall Carmichael and Kane so going hard to get a win ..

Falkirk will be a different side now with the new manager

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could do with kicking on and getting a run of wins. Its a cut throat league so home games are going to be important to take the 3 points if we are to hit top 4. Both teams seem to be keeping it tight so i will go for another 1-0 victory.

55 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Hopefully we can get another win but we are stuggleing to score goals.

Dobbie has gone off form again hopefully Falkirk can get him going again.

We could be without Kerr McFadden Marshall Carmichael and Kane so going hard to get a win ..

Falkirk will be a different side now with the new manager

Kane should be back Mcfadden and Carmichael haven't played much so won't be missed as much as Kerr and possibly Marshall. 

I'm so glad Northfield made the decision to start this thread nice and early given their tendency to be such an enjoyable read.

How's the Hartley revolution coming along Bairns?  Are you experiencing the "new manager bounce" as the players who had downed tools under Peter "journeyman" Houston suddenly find their form again, or is it a case of them not being good enough and a January splurge being required to properly turn things around?

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm so glad Northfield made the decision to start this thread nice and early given their tendency to be such an enjoyable read.

How's the Hartley revolution coming along Bairns?  Are you experiencing the "new manager bounce" as the players who had downed tools under Peter "journeyman" Houston suddenly find their form again, or is it a case of them not being good enough and a January splurge being required to properly turn things around?

Today we really saw a big difference  . We will need a bit of wheeling and dealing in January but not wholesale changes and hopefully Loy and sibbald will be back firing on all cylinders soon. We're solid at the back now having not lost a goal since Houston got the boot. 

1 minute ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Both sides have tightened it up the back recently but aren't really creating much up front either.
I predict either a drab 0-0 or a high scoring draw!

We could be missing 2 key defenders for this game might not be as tight at the back.

Mercer to step in for Marshall  last time he played at home he gave away a stupid pen .

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We could be missing 2 key defenders for this game might not be as tight at the back.

Mercer to step in for Marshall  last time he played at home he gave away a stupid pen .

Marshall offers way more going forward but I thought Mercer defended reasonably well today when he came on.

58 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk have scored one goal and conceded none since Houston got the bullet. Queens' only star man can't find his arse with both hands at the minute.

3-3.

What happened to the other two goals we scored ?

I dunno wot to make of Queens this season, results appear to be only slightly better than ours so far.

Queens have the bragging rights for the previous result against us but that was when our defence were pretty generous pointing and holding doors open for the opposition to score.

I expect another 4-2-3-1 formation on Saturday, hopefully Loy on the bench

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

What happened to the other two goals we scored ?

I dunno wot to make of Queens this season, results appear to be only slightly better than ours so far.

Queens have the bragging rights for the previous result against us but that was when our defence were pretty generous pointing and holding doors open for the opposition to score.

I expect another 4-2-3-1 formation on Saturday, hopefully Loy on the bench

They were against a mickey mouse outfit so dont count. I fancy we're actually better set up the now for playing away so should be able to get a point and if we lose we can always blame the pitch like saints.

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They were against a mickey mouse outfit so dont count. I fancy we're actually better set up the now for playing away so should be able to get a point and if we lose we can always blame the pitch like saints.

Their pitch is awful tho, even the queens fans are acknowledging what many have said for years 

Archived