St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth noting that the most biased thing he was doing was celebrating goals. For the most part he didn't make that bad a commentator.

And I keep pointing out it's St Mirren TV because some folk don't seem to understand the job the guy's in.

I don’t see the problem either. The commentator does give credit for Murdoch’s strike. Partick Thistle used to have an equally enthusiastic commentator - “DID YOU SEE THAT - WHIT A GOAL THAT WIZ” all the way to “Aww - wan nil tae Pe’erheid”.

The ones at Ibrox are hilarious though - fever pitch at every home attack then an away goal is met with a softly muttered “McCluskey scores” as though someone had shat in his Bovril.

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

And I keep pointing out it's St Mirren TV because some folk don't seem to understand the job the guy's in.

A media lecturer responsible for teaching industry best practice to his students? Yes, some folk don't seem to understand that.

32 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Worth noting that the most biased thing he was doing was celebrating goals. For the most part he didn't make that bad a commentator.

Honest question who provides the highlights package for Morton games.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

No, of course not, but I'm not commentating on the TV/radio. I just like a bit of professionalism.

The guy's a lecturer in media, FFS, he should be leading by example. The commentary should be Saints leaning, not Saints partisan - there's an important distinction to make and it's a crucial part of reporting.

If that was my job, and I was doing the commentary, firstly people would be wondering what that English c**t was doing on St Mirren TV. Secondly, I'd make sure that I was demonstrating the fact that, even as a lifelong Saints fan, I was able, at the very least, to refer to St Mirren in the third person when needed.

Have you ever listened to South American commentators Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal ! 

Don't get what's wrong with being biased on your own media?? Watching Scotland games on tv the commentators seem biased towards Scotland. I expect that. The only bias I hate is the bias towards sevco and Celtic from sky, the BBC, BT, the papers, Radio clyde, stv etc.etc

Not sure what all the fuss is about. You don’t get a commentary if you attend the game so just press the mute button before watching. Of more concern should  be the editing of the highlights package which usually focuses on the home team going forward. Morton’s home highlights  usually feature lots of floated balls in the direction of the opposition box and cleared corners.

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

You saying that he can't do both the way he's doing them? Better let his employers know.

Don't be ridiculous. You're smart enough to know what I'm saying without straw-manning me. You asked why people had an issue, and I clearly explained why the commentary is shoddy both as a fan and as a professional.

I can see from other responses that it doesn't bother everyone, and that's fine. Honestly, I don't care that much, I was just trying to explain.

Don't be ridiculous. You're smart enough to know what I'm saying without straw-manning me. You asked why people had an issue, and I clearly explained why the commentary is shoddy both as a fan and as a professional.
I can see from other responses that it doesn't bother everyone, and that's fine. Honestly, I don't care that much, I was just trying to explain.

They don't seem to grasp it's the Co commentator were talking about....the main guy is fine....what little I've heard if him on the brief highlights.

Don't think I could commentate on a Morton game unbiased. I don't really see the issue with partisan commentary on a partisan broadcaster.

Plus there is nothing better than listening to this roaster crushed after a derby goal

Mayyyybe Rangers tv just shades it

8 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Don't think I could commentate on a Morton game unbiased. I don't really see the issue with partisan commentary on a partisan broadcaster.

Plus there is nothing better than listening to this roaster crushed after a derby goal

Reveal hidden contents

Mayyyybe Rangers tv just shades it

Did they ever produce highlights of the 4-1 game earlier this season?That would’ve been fun. Or do they only do their home games?

Archived