St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I find it funny so many Morton fans have a stiffy for Ross.

Me? I find Duffy a nice enough guy, even if he's not the best manager.

We are above that mate and so are some Morton fans but you will always get the we bittir ones because we are the bigger club . 

We've yet to come to who's da would batter a'bdy else's da; who has the biggest number of fans taking class As intravenously; who has a Celtic shop in their stadium etc.

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

We've yet to come to who's da would batter a'bdy else's da; who has the biggest number of fans taking class As intravenously; who has a Celtic shop in their stadium etc.

Careful now, this is Morton we're talking about, there will be a large percentage of the fanbase who don't know who their "da" is! Not sure how you could be so cruel. :angry:

Did that reply meet expectations? I'm certainly hoping so.. ;)

20 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Careful now, this is Morton we're talking about, there will be a large percentage of the fanbase who don't know who their "da" is! Not sure how you could be so cruel. :angry:

Did that reply meet expectations? I'm certainly hoping so.. ;)

Yer maw's a welder.

That game demonstrated that Morton's right hand side needs a solution right now. Saint Mirren correctly viewed the Doyle-O'Ware side of the defence as a weak link and sent the vast majority of their attacks down that side of the pitch. Dumbarton's goal last week also came from the same shan setup. We need better protection from the right-sided midfielders and at the very least an alternative right-back or we'll be well off the pace by January. 

Saint Mirren are gubbins and will get horsed in the play-offs. 

1502826360085.jpg.d99790c20ee81288da4679c3d1b52eee.jpg

On 29/10/2017 at 11:48, houston_bud said:

On 29/10/2017 at 16:45, Wilbur said:

But if he did catch Reilly it looks to have been on Reilly's right leg, so I'm puzzled as to why he shows the ref a graze on his left leg. Maybe (just maybe) McLean called this one right.

9 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

He still says McLean got the Reilly decision wrong, and evidence from several angles confirm that - although it was outside the box, but he's maybe rolled back on the Buchanan one. Which we all agree was a ridiculously soft penalty, but when the referee comes up to you before a corner and warns you and you then proceed to make (minimal) contact as the ball comes in, then really you only have yourself to blame.

So, yeah, in short, that looks a possibly money saving quote rather than a change in opinion.

As Wilbur succinctly pointed out the contact, if any was made, would have been to his right leg. He must have forgotten during the few seconds that elapsed between the incident and him showing the graze/scratch? on his left leg.

When you say "a ridiculously soft penalty". Do you mean it was or wasn't a penalty?

It wasn't even ridiculously soft. It was blatant and took place after the referee made it very clear what would happen if they did what they were consistently doing for every set piece.

Oh, and a soft penalty is still a penalty regardless. HTH

2 hours ago, virginton said:

That game demonstrated that Morton's right hand side needs a solution right now. Saint Mirren correctly viewed the Doyle-O'Ware side of the defence as a weak link and sent the vast majority of their attacks down that side of the pitch. Dumbarton's goal last week also came from the same shan setup. We need better protection from the right-sided midfielders and at the very least an alternative right-back or we'll be well off the pace by January. 

Saint Mirren are gubbins and will get horsed in the play-offs. 

1502826360085.jpg.d99790c20ee81288da4679c3d1b52eee.jpg

We wont be in the play off's mate we will win the league.                                         Edit to add. We are still a few key players out and will bring in on January.  

10 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

See if we are playing the "what phone..." game, and it's obviously a game as this sort of pissing contests are nothing but a distraction from a game we really should have won, but still, let's play!

Ok, so... to start with, the latest phone technology that accompanied Morton the last time they were in the top division? Well that would be this... 

Q7frCML.jpg

The Nokia "Cityman 1320". For a bit of fun this was a UK number one that year:

However....  an away win at Love Street and in the top division? Well, that, my friends, is still some distance off. In fact this was the hippest in 'mobile' technology at the time...

Nokia_Mobira_Talkman_450.jpg05-mobira-talkman.jpg

The Nokia Mobira Talkman. She's a beaut, right? 5 kilograms and with 8 hours of battery life those Morton fans could discuss their last away victory at our ground in the top division.

And, as before, here's a popular #1 from that year.

Is there any point to this? Ha! None!

While it's obvious St Mirren have had the better success over the years you can't really blame the current Morton fans for the failings of their team nigh on 3 decades ago. That would seem overly harsh - especially as they are Morton fans to begin with and don't really have their troubles to seek.

I've purposely left the dates off of this, for most it should be pretty easy to work out, and anyone going near google will get it in a second, but for others I'll leave you to have a bit of a guess.

Holy f**k. The amount of effort in that post is tragic.

Holy f**k. The amount of effort in that post is tragic.

What is tragic is that a whole generation of soapdodgers (well actually, since it’s 30 years ago, that's 2 generations of Greenockians) have never seen their team play a match in the top league of Scottish football. Actually , it's not tragic, it's pathetic and hilarious in unequal measures. 

Archived