St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If St Mirren win the league this year and fail to beat Morton once it will matter not a jot

Whereas we were supposed to care about us not having beaten St Mirren in however long whilst having a good season last year?

Seems St Mirren fans want to have their cake and eat it a bit

Whereas we were supposed to care about us not having beaten St Mirren in however long whilst having a good season last year?

Seems St Mirren fans want to have their cake and eat it a bit

I think all football fans are capable of keeping two sets of books.

7 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

This thread has rapidly went down hill. Strong rumour Morgan deal been done , sold in January loaned back till end of season a club from down south most likely Forrest. £500, 000 sell on clause built in. Good deal if true. 

That would be excellent business. 

53 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That would be excellent business. 

For a lad out of contract at the end of the season it certainly would be. He was kept quiet by Morton until the penalty on Saturday and he really imposed himself on the game after that. 

I was in the main stand for hospitality and was told Frank McParland, Forest's director of football was in the stand watching him. So this ties in quite well with the rumour. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For a lad out of contract at the end of the season it certainly would be. He was kept quiet by Morton until the penalty on Saturday and he really imposed himself on the game after that. 

I was in the main stand for hospitality and was told Frank McParland, Forest's director of football was in the stand watching him. So this ties in quite well with the rumour. 

Got it from a poster on BAWA a reliable poster. 

12 hours ago, madton said:

A massive 7 league games since our last win in Paisley, of which 5 were draws. Is that really something to boast about?

Lets turn it round, you lot have only beat us twice in the league at home in the last 18 years, how embarrassing!!

You lot really need to move on from this 18 year pish, 7 league games between us in Paisley, 7 ffs!

:lol:

Imagine using 'we were in a shitter league' as an actual defence.

How embarrassing!

Ah, is that Frank ‘best in the business’ McParland of Rangers fame?

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

How embarrassing!

More a combination of us being shite (or more accurately,  shafted by an owner who took us  very close to Liquidation) and you lot having a good spell in the top division.

Either way, its just as boring!

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

How embarrassing!

Good to know you think your rightful place is the top of the championship in October rather than the Premiership. It’s never over till the fat lady sings. Ross’s post game rant suggests he is feeling the pressure and his apology is designed simply to bolster his CV. Look at his history, he never stays anywhere very long, certainly not long enough to be found out. The only way is down for you.

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

Good to know you think your rightful place is the top of the championship in October rather than the Premiership. It’s never over till the fat lady sings. Ross’s post game rant suggests he is feeling the pressure and his apology is designed simply to bolster his CV. Look at his history, he never stays anywhere very long, certainly not long enough to be found out. The only way is down for you.

I could spend a few minutes ripping literally every single element of that post to shreds, but you're simply not worth the effort. 

See if we are playing the "what phone..." game, and it's obviously a game as this sort of pissing contests are nothing but a distraction from a game we really should have won, but still, let's play!

Ok, so... to start with, the latest phone technology that accompanied Morton the last time they were in the top division? Well that would be this... 

Q7frCML.jpg

The Nokia "Cityman 1320". For a bit of fun this was a UK number one that year:

However....  an away win at Love Street and in the top division? Well, that, my friends, is still some distance off. In fact this was the hippest in 'mobile' technology at the time...

Nokia_Mobira_Talkman_450.jpg05-mobira-talkman.jpg

The Nokia Mobira Talkman. She's a beaut, right? 5 kilograms and with 8 hours of battery life those Morton fans could discuss their last away victory at our ground in the top division.

And, as before, here's a popular #1 from that year.

Is there any point to this? Ha! None!

While it's obvious St Mirren have had the better success over the years you can't really blame the current Morton fans for the failings of their team nigh on 3 decades ago. That would seem overly harsh - especially as they are Morton fans to begin with and don't really have their troubles to seek.

I've purposely left the dates off of this, for most it should be pretty easy to work out, and anyone going near google will get it in a second, but for others I'll leave you to have a bit of a guess.

5 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Ross’s post game rant suggests he is feeling the pressure and his apology is designed simply to bolster his CV. 

The only assumption I can make from this comment is that it's the first time you have ever heard Jack Ross speak. You see, if it is the first time, then you will have no frame of reference (Donny) and therefore can attribute your own emotions, rather than someone who has listened to most of his post match comments and can make a qualified judgement.

2 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

I never thought skunks patter could have gotten any worse...the rapid decline of this thread has confirmed that it can.

In regard to my post? Just a bit of fun. You know fun, right? 

That said, and I touched on it already, if you thought the "skunks" (oh, how cute!) patter was bad, you totally missed this zoomer from your own ranks...

10 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

14 hours ago, madton said:

Bit of an odd one that. It's a completely nothing statement. I'm guessing it's been released purely to offset any action by the beaks. He still says McLean got the Reilly decision wrong, and evidence from several angles confirm that - although it was outside the box, but he's maybe rolled back on the Buchanan one. Which we all agree was a ridiculously soft penalty, but when the referee comes up to you before a corner and warns you and you then proceed to make (minimal) contact as the ball comes in, then really you only have yourself to blame.

So, yeah, in short, that looks a possibly money saving quote rather than a change in opinion.

Archived