St Mirren v Morton

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep. I wonder if he knew that and was looking to redress the balance with your penalty. I'm not saying yours wasn't a foul, and Buchanan was daft to concede it, but it's the sort of shite that goes on at every corner, ever, unpunished.

Draw was a fair result over the piece, I thought. 

Think he just got it wrong. Not trying to be biased here but our penalty was definitely a penalty. 

Agree that a draw was a fair result though  

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Think he just got it wrong. Not trying to be biased here but our penalty was definitely a penalty. 

Agree that a draw was a fair result though  

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear: yours deffo was, but you do see that sort of thing happen all the time and not given.

Yours was a penalty that the ref even said he was going to give, so it's our defender's stupidity to concede it.

Oliver was superb, him and Cammy Smith were the best players on the park yesterday.

I thought Morton were a man down with Harkins yesterday, he did actually do a lot of grafting yesterday which goes against the myth that he's a lazy b'stard, it was his final balls and set pieces that let him down. If Tidser played Morton could have won that.

Don't think we ever looked like losing yesterday and to go ahead twice and not see the game out is disappointing.

Morgan off the boil a wee bit, that's the beauty of Cammy Smith, if at least one of them have a good game we do ok.

21 hours ago, btb said:

I'll requote what you said on August 1 - you didn't say "end of September" you said "unlikely  to play before September".

Like I said no "end of" in the post, next there were plenty of "itk" posters here (I've posted one below from a kanyewest - apologies for my inability to copy quotes from other threads fully) and on BAWA suggesting the end of August as a return date for HD. Without the qualification the phrases "end of August" & "unlikely before September" are as I said "pretty much the same" and you certainly didn't mention "end of October" on August 1. At best your post is ambiguous but I reckon you're not really as "itk" as you'd like to think.

On 1st Aug I rightly said he would not be fit in August. No mention by me when he would be fit as it was obvious to me at least that as the guy was still injured and had not trained for 7 months would not be available for some time to come.  He had to wait until the injury improved then do his pre-season. The article I referred you to confirmed that by half way through Sept he had not even started training. I am not responsible for other posters' comments. What I stated was accurate as time has proved.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

omuKc9e.gif

Shocking dive. Referee was close by and had a clear view. It's impossible to decide from the camera angle. What have you got against your own player to repeat this?

2 hours ago, tonup9 said:

Ha ha you total roaster.2 points dropped for the ton against the great unwashed

Aye that makes sense .... you had to come from behind twice. Nice help along the way from the ref to help you do that.  Your first goal shouldn't have happened because it was a clear corner for us just before it.  2nd...a very dubious penalty award. Nonetheless, we are still top of the league.

Also look were Gaston takes the free kick after the booking for the dive. For me suggests it would not have been a pen.

It suggests nothing of the sort, in fact it probably suggests the opposite as at every free kick and throw in yesterday saw about 5 yards being stolen.

The video is pretty inconclusive on whether it was a foul, or was in the box. There didn't seem to be much complaint from the Saints players though which made me think at the time it was probably the right call.

I thought it was pretty conclusive that it was outside tbh. Also thought he'd have been running into a lot more space than that. O'Ware had been booked at that point though, hadn't he? So we'd probably still have been down to ten men.

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

On 1st Aug I rightly said he would not be fit in August. No mention by me when he would be fit as it was obvious to me at least that as the guy was still injured and had not trained for 7 months would not be available for some time to come.  He had to wait until the injury improved then do his pre-season. The article I referred you to confirmed that by half way through Sept he had not even started training. I am not responsible for other posters' comments. What I stated was accurate as time has proved.

In my OP all I said was the "gossip" online was that he'd be back by the end of August, I never said you were responsible for the posts, just that they existed and I've shown that to be the case. 

On Friday you tried to appear "itk" when you said "always the end of October he was expected back" but that's not what you said on 1st August which was "unlikely before September" and not "not be fit in August" as you're now trying to claim. The last two statements are different, with the former being, as I've said, "ambiguous at best" and completely different from Friday's post - that's four different versions from you on the thread now

1. unlikely before September (lifted from the Summer Transfers thread)

2. always the end of October

3. end of September

4. not be fit in August

plus a DR article from September and some additional in hindsight waffle.

No amount of trying to confuse the issue changes the fact that my original post was correct.

Strip away the ambiguous, contradictory & irrelevant parts of your post and we're left with

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

:1eye

Challenge outside the box, another desperate lunge into the box from the striker, thankfully the ref didn't buy it this time.

Shut up ya rocket seen it from the camera angle at other side of the pitch was a clear pen

Archived