St Mirren v Morton

typical derby, not much football but exciting once the goals started. Good goals and could have been six penalties. I knew the ref would even it up after telling defender he was on the case.

Glad we managed to get 1113 ton fans along, good crowd today but  meant I was stuck behind the goal with the bar blocking my view of the other end so missed all the questionable calls.

Enjoyed the walk home and St Mirren pish about what if what we should have done will miss these games if you get promoted but surprised to see how poor you were seemed to be lost in the moment.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End result probably fair, both sides had their spells of ascendancy.

Some excitement in the second half due to the goal action but overall the quality of play on display (both sides) was quite dire. Oh so many passes went astray it was actually quite embarrassing.

Too much being made of the referee's performance. Certainly he wasn't very good but I can't say he favoured one side more than the other. Well-balanced incompetence IMO.

Never really had an issue with Ross up until watching this. The guy is making judgments before analysing the 'poor' decisions first. Going on about giving a goal kick instead of a corner (several times) on the run up to the first equaliser is just pathetic, especially when it's now deemed that St.Mirren's penalty was a wrong decision, and also when it seems that Reilly also dived. 'Definite' penalty though..

The number of times Harkins won the ball in midfield, especially in the first hour, surprised me a fair bit. He put in a shift. Definitely died away and had some dire moments, but could be doing with performances like that from him.
Oliver was outstanding today btw. Probably our best player on there.

Was oliver the number 7? He had a very good game for Morton

Easy 3 points against the unwashed... as i predicted last season, once we stayed up (which of course we did) We'd be back in our rightful place (which we are).

Ha ha you total roaster.2 points dropped for the ton against the great unwashed

12 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Think we can safely say the ref got it completely wrong for the first penalty - contact made miles outside the box

DNQcEmCXkAAvrPn.jpg

Yep. I wonder if he knew that and was looking to redress the balance with your penalty. I'm not saying yours wasn't a foul, and Buchanan was daft to concede it, but it's the sort of shite that goes on at every corner, ever, unpunished.

Draw was a fair result over the piece, I thought. 

Archived