St Mirren v Morton

Terrible game of football to watch but in the end we should have seen the game out when it was 2-1.

Reilly had the chance to finish it as a contest but his effort scraped past the post when it looked easier than the one he scored.

God only knows what Buchanan was thinking about after that clown McLean warned him seconds earlier about pulling his opponent back.

While it's our own fault for not winning the game, the standard of match officials continues to plummet the depths. Steven McLean lost the plot from practically the first few mins.

He was utterly horrendus.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Couldn't agree more.

Thought he was alright, tbh. He's like a poor man's jonjo shelvey. Bald, bit lazy, but pretty classy on the ball. That said, he didn't do us as much damage from set pieces as I thought he would. 

First half was utterly abysmal. Boring and full of poor decisions by the man in the middle - just let the teams play!

Second half though? Incredible from a neutral point of view. At 1-0 down I thought the worst but my word what a fucking hit by Andy Murdoch! Followed up with some brief scenes until St.Mirren went back in front. Also, that boy Buchanan cost his team. The ref gives them a word, and as the corner is about to be played McLean is only watching the defence, clear penalty.

Genuine question, apart from scoring, St.Mirren made next to no noise from 2 sets of pretty much sold out stands. Morton fans were going all game, even after going down twice the fans had their back, a great away support today.

In short, expected the worst but we can take confidence from the result. St.Mirren ain't up to much.

I was in the South Stand right in line and the foul for the Saints penalty definitely looked to be just inside the box. Also don't think Reilly's looked like a dive at all at the time but maybe replays will prove differently.

Really don't rate Stewart, he looks like a competition winner.

25 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Genuine question, apart from scoring, St.Mirren made next to no noise from 2 sets of pretty much sold out stands. Morton fans were going all game, even after going down twice the fans had their back, a great away support today.

From the main stand, the only fans making any noise were our lot with the drum in the corner.

Second half it waxed and waned depending when the goals were scored.

Near the end when you eventually got a couple of corners, you certainly made a bit of noise.

We were quieter than we've been this season, but we weren't up to our usual standard when we play at home.

Morton fans were going all game, even after going down twice the fans had their back, a great away support today.

You must have been listening to the voices in your head or something. It was like a morgue until the first equaliser went in.

Decent numbers, more than expected, but the atmosphere was gubbins until late on.

First half was utterly abysmal. Boring and full of poor decisions by the man in the middle - just let the teams play!

Second half though? Incredible from a neutral point of view. At 1-0 down I thought the worst but my word what a fucking hit by Andy Murdoch! Followed up with some brief scenes until St.Mirren went back in front. Also, that boy Buchanan cost his team. The ref gives them a word, and as the corner is about to be played McLean is only watching the defence, clear penalty.

In short, expected the worst but we can take confidence from the result. St.Mirren ain't up to much.

Morton fans noisy all game?? . The first half the stadium was quiet as f**k your fans included. To be honest the only song I heard from you lot was hullo hullo.

Did that boy running on the park after Morton scored that belter get dragged out [emoji23] some hit

30 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It would appear it's your turn for rat arsed posts following in the footsteps of Gammy and Finch. Fill yer boots roasteremoji23.png

Na bother jimmy suck it up son most midden fans before hand giving it 2 n 3 nil we are top and will pump morton patter.

Pleasing now girfuy.

Archived