St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, madton said:

Since we have been back in the same league, 3 out of the 4 results in Paisley have been 1-1.

Would be delighted with that today.

So would I, especially since we scored stoppage time equalisers in two of those games - one with ten men!!

15 hours ago, btb said:

This is what you said on p12 of the Summer Transfer Window thread back on Aug 1 the day HD's signing was announced

No mention of the end of October back then. :unsure2: In fact you were pretty much peddling the end of August line with all the other "ITK" posters.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I haven't seen any references anywhere to the possibility of Davis being available in August as when we signed him (1st Aug) he was still injured and had done zero pre-season training obviously and had been crippled since March. Harry only started some running mid-September (about 5 weeks ago) ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-star-harry-davis-11129948

I had stated on 1st Aug that Davis would be 'unlikely to play for us before the end of Sept' (which you quoted in your post so why change Sept for Aug for your argument?),  which is true so how did I misrepresent anything? You seem to be the one attempting to make out Harry would be fit in Aug when there is no evidence for that.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Not sure what point you are trying to make. I haven't seen any references anywhere to the possibility of Davis being available in August as when we signed him (1st Aug) he was still injured and had done zero pre-season training obviously and had been crippled since March. Harry only started some running mid-September (about 5 weeks ago) ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-star-harry-davis-11129948

I had stated on 1st Aug that Davis would be 'unlikely to play for us before the end of Sept' (which you quoted in your post so why change Sept for Aug for your argument?),  which is true so how did I misrepresent anything? You seem to be the one attempting to make out Harry would be fit in Aug when there is no evidence for that.

I'll requote what you said on August 1 - you didn't say "end of September" you said "unlikely  to play before September".

You obviously haven't seen him play. His father was manager of that League Two side and Harry was captain. And this is the same League Two that Sibbald isn't good enough for :) *. Harry only left as his father had left. He is recovering from an injury just now and unlikely to play for us before September.

Like I said no "end of" in the post, next there were plenty of "itk" posters here (I've posted one below from a kanyewest - apologies for my inability to copy quotes from other threads fully) and on BAWA suggesting the end of August as a return date for HD. Without the qualification the phrases "end of August" & "unlikely before September" are as I said "pretty much the same" and you certainly didn't mention "end of October" on August 1. At best your post is ambiguous but I reckon you're not really as "itk" as you'd like to think.

End of August seems to be the general view.It is superb to see him back,just pray he stays injury free when he becomes available to play.Now all we need

are two creative midfielders,a new goalie and two free scoring forwards and i think we could have a great season.

3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

A big match for the Buddies today. A good test for them in front of a big crowd. 

Two tough away games recently but two "defensively excellent" displays according to Craig Samson (https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/28/the-whole-team-in-the-last-two-games-have-been-defensively-excellent-craig-samson/) has helped them gain 4 valuable points. 

Morton are a threat and can get a result today if their top performers, such as Jai Quitongo, are on top of their game. 

An intriguing contest which I'll be keeping close tabs on while up in Inverness. 

More to do with poor finishing by the opposition strikers than "excellent" defending.

If you play hoofball and get our defenders turning then you have a good chance of scoring against us.

Worked a treat for Morton in the last game.

We've won every home league game this season. That run will end at some point, perhaps today.

Can't say I've been paying any attention to Morton since they beat us at Cappielow, surprised to see them so low in the league given the swording they gave us that day.

If Morgan is on it we will win, if he isn't we will huff and puff and it will be close. Will go for 1-1.

HT 0-0

Not much going on really. Both sides certainly going at it but very little quality on show. Half chances here and there but neither side deserve to be ahead. Defences on top if you will.

All to play for 2nd half.

Archived