St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed that McManus will miss out as well as Tidser, which pretty much guarantees that Harkins will be in central midfield unless Duffy does something entirely unexpected like moving Forbes inside and having Oliver on the right of midfield. Which would also be shit anyway in that it'll waste Oliver and still leave Murdoch having to do all the defensive work in the middle himself.

This in turn confirms that we're getting murdered tomorrow. The thought of the space we're going to be leaving in midfield while Cammy Smith is floating about gives me the fear.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No and no. Harry doing the odd hour here and there at training. Gary/Scott three weeks away, conservatively.

That's disappointing about HD - when he signed the gossip was he'd be ready by the end of August & I'm sure he was "a week behind MaGennis" in one of JR's interviews.

1 minute ago, btb said:

That's disappointing about HD - when he signed the gossip was he'd be ready by the end of August & I'm sure he was "a week behind MaGennis" in one of JR's interviews.

Disappointing on both of them.

I think most Saints fans, and I'm sure the management, would have those two down as our automatic centre half first picks.

To have played so far without one at all, and the other for the first few games (one with a concussion) makes our current league position all the more surprising/commendable/

33 minutes ago, Finch road said:

217 adult tickets sold as of 40 minutes ago

Dont believe that.

Someone said this morning we had shifted 600.

Fully expect about 800 there tomorrow, still rubbish but not an embarrassing number like that.

44 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Disappointing on both of them.

I think most Saints fans, and I'm sure the management, would have those two down as our automatic centre half first picks.

To have played so far without one at all, and the other for the first few games (one with a concussion) makes our current league position all the more surprising/commendable/

A fit Davis is a "class above" for this division and I appreciate that we wouldn't have got a sniff had he been fully fit for the start of the season but when he signed at the beginning of August I thought he'd be back playing by now.

From the OS match preview

The squad looks likely to be as it was for last weekend's draw against Falkirk. Harry Davis is edging closer to a comeback after returning to training, but he remains out as do fellow long-term absentees Gary MacKenzie and Josh Todd.

Better news regarding Davis.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Confirmed that McManus will miss out as well as Tidser, which pretty much guarantees that Harkins will be in central midfield unless Duffy does something entirely unexpected like moving Forbes inside and having Oliver on the right of midfield. Which would also be shit anyway in that it'll waste Oliver and still leave Murdoch having to do all the defensive work in the middle himself.

This in turn confirms that we're getting murdered tomorrow. The thought of the space we're going to be leaving in midfield while Cammy Smith is floating about gives me the fear.

It's very unusual to find you so negative!  :whistle

Are you sure you're a Morton supporter?

9 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

It's very unusual to find you so negative!  :whistle

Are you sure you're a Morton supporter?

Being capable of pointing out and predicting flaws that are likely to stop your team winning doesn't mean you don't want them to win. Being a supporter doesn't require you to bury your head in the sand, blindly insist everything's brilliant and predict a 5-0 win every week.

Do you think the way we been playing lately is conducive to success? Do you feel that continuing with a similar style of play tomorrow is likely to get a result?

3 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Can't deny I'm nervous regarding tomorrow and hoping Quitongo has a major dose of the shits tomorrow morning as his pace can destroy our defence, always hard to predict however must be optimistic given our fantastic home league record.

Scoring record in the Championship so far: Morgan 5, Smith 5, Reilly  4 and Quitongo 2 (the same number of goals as McShane). If I was a Morton fan I would be more concerned about that statistic.

2 hours ago, btb said:

No, it was always the end of October he was expected back.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Being capable of pointing out and predicting flaws that are likely to stop your team winning doesn't mean you don't want them to win. Being a supporter doesn't require you to bury your head in the sand, blindly insist everything's brilliant and predict a 5-0 win every week.

Do you think the way we been playing lately is conducive to success? Do you feel that continuing with a similar style of play tomorrow is likely to get a result?

The problem is that you and many Morton supporters? seem to take great delight in condemning the board, manager and team at every opportunity.

Early last season there were many calling for the heads of everyone at Cappielow. Later those same fan(nie)s had to eat humble pie, but were again not happy at the season's end. I admit we've not been playing well, but we weren't exactly, save for the league cup, setting the heather on fire, just over, a year ago.

It's time many of you looked up the meaning of the word supporter.

Before the Cappielow game, the doom and gloom brigade were saying much the same thing as is being said now. Remind me. What was the score?

11 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

The problem is that you and many Morton supporters? seem to take great delight in condemning the board, manager and team at every opportunity.

Early last season there were many calling for the heads of everyone at Cappielow. Later those same fan(nie)s had to eat humble pie, but were again not happy at the season's end. I admit we've not been playing well, but we weren't exactly, save for the league cup, setting the heather on fire, just over, a year ago.

It's time many of you looked up the meaning of the word supporter.

Before the Cappielow game, the doom and gloom brigade were saying much the same thing as is being said now. Remind me. What was the score?

If it wasn’t for supporters hounding the manager a year ago at Ayr, rather than applauding sheer and utter medicrity like a bunch of seals we’d have finished about 7th.

1 minute ago, Tetragrammaton said:

And that (fact?) is based on what exactly?

Without that backlash, I’m not comvinced either Murdoch or Gunning would’ve appeared - both responsible for turning our season around.

38 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

No, it was always the end of October he was expected back.

This is what you said on p12 of the Summer Transfer Window thread back on Aug 1 the day HD's signing was announced

You obviously haven't seen him play. His father was manager of that League Two side and Harry was captain. And this is the same League Two that Sibbald isn't good enough for :) *. Harry only left as his father had left. He is recovering from an injury just now and unlikely to play for us before September.

No mention of the end of October back then. :unsure2: In fact you were pretty much peddling the end of August line with all the other "ITK" posters.

Archived