St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last scoreline of 4-1 suggests a pumping  but there is no doubt the 2 pens and sending off had a massive impact on that game.

Going into tomorrow, I'm hoping that its one of these ones where one set of fans are so pessimistic than we someone get a result.

Defensively we should be ok, joint best defence in the league  and we should cause problems with Jai up top, but our midfield will be far too slow to cope.

Probably line up.

Gaston

Doyle Lamie Oware Russell.

Forbes Harkins Murdoch Thomson.

McHugh Quitongo.

Bench- Doolan, Oliver, Barr and a couple of kids...( lack of options is frightening, yet apparently we have a first team squad of 21)

Only change from the 4-1 game will be Tidser for Harkins but Tidser missing out is a massive loss.

Everything points to a 1-0/2-1 to the home side.

I'm not buying into all this nonsense about the apathy towards Morton from their fans.  You can be certain that they and their team will be well up for the battle. Current form and league positions count for nothing in Derby games. 

Hopefully our players are up for this game as much as our fans. A win keeps the  momentum going and also helps us stay in pole position.

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I'm not buying into all this nonsense about the apathy towards Morton from their fans.  You can be certain that they and their team will be well up for the battle. Current form and league positions count for nothing in Derby games. 

Hopefully our players are up for this game as much as our fans. A win keeps the  momentum going and also helps us stay in pole position.

Our fans will be up for it, no doubt. It’s just that we don’t know until kick off what Morton team will show up. If we are bad, we can be really bad. If we play well, we can be excellent. There seems to be no middle ground with this Morton team.

9 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Our fans will be up for it, no doubt. It’s just that we don’t know until kick off what Morton team will show up. If we are bad, we can be really bad. If we play well, we can be excellent. There seems to be no middle ground with this Morton team.

Not sure it matters how we play. This season apart I cannot remember us playing well in a league fixture against St  Murn and winning. I hope we are crap, they totally outclass us but get a player sent off unjustifiably and score two on goals. Bliss. 

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I wouldn’t say it’s something to read too much into. The fans at the game will obviously be right up for it, it’s more the floating fan that won’t go out their way unless things are going well that’s the issue.

I expect Morton to put in a far better performance than we have in the last month or so because we’re likely to be trying to hit on the break rather than expecting to dominate the game ourselves, although it probably won’t be enough to get a positive result. We’re generally pretty good at raising ourselves for a bigger occasion too.

Although on your point about current form and derby games, that’s something I don’t get with the St. Mirren fans. At the start of this thread there was some “typical St. Mirren” patter and now we’ve got “form goes out the window in derbies”. Yes, we’ve won a couple of derbies recently, but it had to happen eventually. If ever there was a derby that stuck to form, and if dropping points to Morton was untypical if any team, it’s surely this derby and St. Mirren?

You can’t exactly brag about utter domination and then moan about your club’s historical failings in the same (stinking) breath in the context of this fixture.

You can tell the Ton fans aren't up for it because there hadn't been a single 'Get them telt/let's put these spoon burners/skunks back in their place' post yet.

That's either because you think that was achieved at Cappielow a couple months back, or because we are, in fact, now in our rightful place at the top of the league and therefore Morton can offer no further assistance in that regard. I can't decide.

You can tell the Ton fans aren't up for it because there hadn't been a single 'Get them telt/let's put these spoon burners/skunks back in their place' post yet.
That's either because you think that was achieved at Cappielow a couple months back, or because we are, in fact, now in our rightful place at the top of the league and therefore Morton can offer no further assistance in that regard. I can't decide.

The latter without a doubt.

4 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Can't deny I'm nervous regarding tomorrow and hoping Quitongo has a major dose of the shits tomorrow morning as his pace can destroy our defence, always hard to predict however must be optimistic given our fantastic home league record.

Are Harry Davis or Scott McKenzie anywhere near a return yet?

Archived