St Mirren v Morton

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Morton fans in general are apathetic towards St Mirren nowadays. I certainly don't have the same feelings towards your club as I had through the 90s.

Agree. While I want to see them lose every game, they really don’t bother me that much. TBH I hate Ayr and Airdrie more...

14 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

who are you kidding?you sing more songs about st mirren than you do about your own wee diddy team.

A St. Mirren fan with a signature about Morton and an avatar of Cappielow, there.

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That should be interesting if Quitongo takes another dive will McLean allow Baird to give him a deserving forearm smash.

You'll need all the help youse can get. McLean will definitely be a "homer" for this game

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

You'll need all the help youse can get. McLean will definitely be a "homer" for this game

A "homer" :lol: we've not had one decent match official to date. That's if there is such a thing as a decent Scottish match official.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, it's quite an impressive feat to be able to take a photo whilst hiding under a table in the Norseman, cowering in fear at any of his fellow Morton supporters having a slight disagreement with each other. 

It's quite clearly not The Norseman as there are both functioning lights and a ceiling. 

Tidser out. Dreading this.

Without him we have no one to take our midfield play by the scruff of its neck. Harkins and Forbes can be completely missing for 60 minutes, almost described as 'flair' players. Murdoch does his midfield role superbly well but his job is not to command the midfield.

I reckon we will line up like so:

Gaston

Doyle

O'Ware

Lamie

Russell

Forbes

Harkins

Murdoch

Thomson

McHugh

Quitongo

That isn't what I'd like to see but I predict that's how we will. If McManus is fit I think if we played 5 in the middle with Harkins/Forbes with McManus and Murdoch that may work. I'd also wouldn't be completely fussed if Tiffoney was given a start, a supposed 'wide' player, with fairly decent reviews of his sub appearances.

I don’t think we’ll get gubbed here. Anyone is capable of beating anyone in this league on their day (other than Brechin) and I wouldn’t totally write us off. We’ve not performed well for a number of weeks though and no Tidser is a pain in the arse so I think a narrow St Mirren victory looks most likely.

(Hello to whoever quotes this when we lose 6-1, you’re a fanny)

Agree. While I want to see them lose every game, they really don’t bother me that much. TBH I hate Ayr and Airdrie more...

That’s what years in the wilderness will do to you.

Archived