Goals updates

fan of the juniors

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the game and would say Pollok deserved win, Pollok front line caused Beith a lot of problems with pace, 2 boy Mccann,s and Young played well, Beith not at best but Pollok goalie had 2 great saves with his feet in 2nd half, a right good game to watch.

I was there as a neutral too and that's a fair summary imo. Pollok opener was MOTD material, but their third was You've Been Framed comedy gold!

Any side who go at that Beith defence with pace will destroy them . On the opposite any side who punt it at them will make them look like world beaters . An unhappy ship up there tonight so it is . I’m just gutted we were off today as we would have been top of the league if our game was on . Arthurlie are all over the shop

Good game for a neutral but I am sure both Beith and pollok supporters need a lie down after some of the defending on show. But that made for an exciting game.

i thought we started well and Buch should have given us the lead in the first few minutes. However we  poor at defending corners and it was not a surprise to go behind from one.

Ryan McGregors  goal was a great strike and from there I thought we really grew into the game and caused them lots of problems

Sheridan for a second forgot who he was and believed he could play football which gave us some breathing space.

When it went to 2-3 you always think the worst, but we did well to close it out. A few players missing today and some injuries to key players during the game, but the people who came in did a great job. 

I am pretty sure the majority of the clubs in the west looked on at today's result with a smile, really brings everyone a bit closer together now and a lot of games to be played, could he 6 teams in the hunt all taking points off each other. 

How would you know ? You don't attend any games !

I would suggest he wasn't at the game if he thinks we were 'by far' the better team.

Both teams had their moments in the game and the first Pollok goal caused a bit of a momentum swing for 30 mins or so. However Beith came right back into it and could have scored a couple but for good stops from Longmuir.

It was a game between two teams of a similar level with us winning by a fine margin.

Beith are a strong side and put it about a bit and I have no doubt a lot of teams will take a beating from them, however if the team playing them has any pace up front then they must go after their defence as it's not very good. Another year older another yard slower.

Lok gradually I hope starting to define a line up which works.It is a pleasing change to have so many fast and dangerous options going forward too.Lots of strength and attacking pace from the back and once Gal gets back along with Liam Rowan in midfield that should make us stronger in there.Beith are still the team to catch along with Auchinleck.

Archived