Edinburgh City vs Annan Athletic

Edinburgh City host Annan at Ainslie Park on  Saturday, with both teams trying to recover from Scottish cup exits last weekend.

New City manager James McDonaugh will be looking for improvement  from his players after a poor debut against Stenny.

Athletic lost out to the only goal at Berwick, but will no doubt fancy their chances here.

Should be interesting!

2 hours ago, marco44 said:

Annan will need to improve on last week's performance away at Berwick if they are going get anything from this game.
I think it will be a close game but fancy Annan to collect all 3 points.

Seems a good summing up Marco. But think ANNAN should have too much for Edinburgh City!

A mild autumn day, the sun is seen, the football maketh the eyes bleed though. 

Just when we were discussing the merits of gaining a point we give away a penalty. Seeing as today is Trafalgar Day I shall paraphrase Nelson's famous signal and say "Scotland expects every man will see the City defence cock it up again". 

The game was so dull two blokes came out from one of the houses behind Ainslie Park, climbed up onto the roof of an extension to fix a window and couldn't even be bothered to enjoy a free view of the match. It managed to dull into quiet submission 50 plus pished up on prosecco females. Even the blokes with the drum fell largely silent in the second half. The only sound to be heard was Henry weeping at another bust coupon, the odds on a City win being too tempting. It was a shame he had to rip off Hamilton Accies with that scam to cover his debts- next time try and bankrupt Livingston FC, cheers. 

I can't even rouse myself to righteous anger any more. It's October and we're toast. Or we would be if it wasn't for the managerial genius that is William Brown ESQ and even Cowden will wise up and push the panic button at some point. Free the lot in January and buy the gang of LTHV psychos instead. 

Oh season of mist and mellow uselessness. 

Archived