Sign in to follow this  
Div

Week 49 Show

Steven and Ray were joined by The Scottish Daily Mail Chief Football Writer, Stephen McGowan. There was a full round-up of the SPFL, Flawed Football Geniuses, It Was Just Banter and a look ahead to the week in football. We are back on Tuesday 31st October!

I too went to Queen Anne in Dunfermline, as did my younger brother. I left in 2002

I noticed that Ray failed to give an answer as too why he hates the county of Angus and its 4 clubs.

Listened to some of the two Off the Ball shows yesterday. Get in a former Rangers/Celtic player, talk about little else but Rangers and Celtic and invite listeners to get in touch to dicusss Old Firm bias.

Ray and Steven show it’s possible to make an interesting, informative and amusing Scottish Football show by treating those two teams as just another couple of clubs. 

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I too went to Queen Anne in Dunfermline, as did my younger brother. I left in 2002

Pretty sure Steven has shaved a decade off his true age so he can be down with the yoof at Capital.

Stephen McGowan also seemed to find it strange that people could be massive fans of clubs like QP and Stranraer for some reason which is really odd. Suppose he does work for the Daily Mail though..

Looking forward to watching him being stuck outside Gayfield on a Baltic cold January day when he realises that you can not now leave the ground at half time and go for a pint without paying your way back in.

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Glad to hear it. Pleased i got to "experience"  the old school before it was bulldozed. 

19 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I noticed that Ray failed to give an answer as too why he hates the county of Angus and its 4 clubs.

It's all Dick Campbell related, mate. Don't take personally. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty sure Steven has shaved a decade off his true age so he can be down with the yoof at Capital.

Birth certificate will be provided on the next show. Whether it's a authentic one though... 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stephen McGowan also seemed to find it strange that people could be massive fans of clubs like QP and Stranraer for some reason which is really odd. Suppose he does work for the Daily Mail though..

Looking forward to watching him being stuck outside Gayfield on a Baltic cold January day when he realises that you can not now leave the ground at half time and go for a pint without paying your way back in.

Stephen is a good guy, defo not on the w**k journo list. However, we will absolutely not be passing on the pint information to him.  About time he paid to get into a match. 

For a new team, how about following on from the Robin Hood 'team with a person's name' theme and going for Santa Claus FC from Finland or Steve Biko FC from Gambia!  Another I thought of was the Ghana side Hearts of Oak simply for having such a good name.

Biggie, Tupac, Whitney Houston, Elvis, Amy Winehouse... do we add Soccer FM to the list of bright things that never made it to 50? 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Biggie, Tupac, Whitney Houston, Elvis, Amy Winehouse... do we add Soccer FM to the list of bright things that never made it to 50? 

Is it finished? I thought they were just taking a week off?

2 minutes ago, Skerla said:

Is it finished? I thought they were just taking a week off?

Turns out Ray's "flight home"

Spoiler

parole

delayed. Next show meant to be on tonight.