Auchinleck Vs Cumnock

WhoAteAllTheDepays

Good to see a pre match thread started before a ball is kicked.Previously these threads were commonly started about midweek before a game and lasted till a few days after it.Would be good to see more of them every week.

Mon The Talbot 

Decent game spoiled by a muppet of a ref!  Not in any way blaming him for our defeat but just so inconsistent everytime I see him.  Causes problems for himself,  just so you know its not sour grapes, the Cumnock penalty was as blatant a dive as you will ever see.  So bad for both teams!

18 minutes ago, CC1987 said:

Decent game spoiled by a muppet of a ref!  Not in any way blaming him for our defeat but just so inconsistent everytime I see him.  Causes problems for himself,  just so you know its not sour grapes, the Cumnock penalty was as blatant a dive as you will ever see.  So bad for both teams!

Must agree the ref was an absolute joke for both teams

When it comes to Nock/Bot games - time after time we get refs who are hell bent in ruining this fixture by dishing out yellow cards that merely need a word in the ear. Don't know whether it's a tick in box for a promotion but they all seem to referee it with the same ethos. The interaction between fans and players is banter, it can go over the top but in general terms it's banter which is what Burns and the Talbot fans were involved in, for the ref to go and book Burns was just ridiculous. They absolutely ruin these games, both as a spectacle and the game itself.

Much better performance today from Cumnock and considering we were missing 5 regulars thought we were unlucky not to come away from the game with anything. Onwards and upwards

We don't have much depth in the squad, so to lose 4-5 players who could potentially be in your first eleven is a tough ask against anybody.
I'd imagine the new manager will want to bring a few in. We badly miss Hunter hopefully he'll be back soon although I think Fitzharris will be a decent player for us once he gets more games, needs to practice his corners though.

Probably the worst we've played in a good while but great fight shown from the team.

Talbot should have finished the game within the opening quarter of an hour, didn't, and then struggled.

The referee was appalling. Quick to book players from both sides for feck all, awarded Cumnock a highly debatable penalty & topped it off with a ridiculous sending off.

Good afternoon for Talbot with Beith slipping up the icing on the cake 

Archived