Striker for next campaign

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

what about strikers? Griffiths is our best striker since Mo Johnston, but what if he's injured? Chris Martin and Stevie May I suppose, but is that it?

Griffiths is what we've been needing for years,  the rest are all meh. Not really up to speed on any youngsters who may break through over the next 18months apart from burke but he's not a striker at club level.

Far too early to know if jack aitchison will make it as a footballer let alone an international, but it'd be great to have him break through Ben Woodburn style.
However it's disappointing that - even in league cup games when Griffiths and dembele were injured - Rodgers hasn't given him a lookin. Don't think he's even made the bench more than once this season.

21 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Far too early to know if jack aitchison will make it as a footballer let alone an international, but it'd be great to have him break through Ben Woodburn style.
However it's disappointing that - even in league cup games when Griffiths and dembele were injured - Rodgers hasn't given him a lookin. Don't think he's even made the bench more than once this season.

The striker is the 1 position where if he's brilliant can carry an average team, it's the 1 position we always have had trouble in producing 1.(It's no fecking fair) I guess that's the excitement when youngsters burst onto the scene we all hope he is going to be messiah. 

Griffiths is what we've been needing for years,  the rest are all meh. Not really up to speed on any youngsters who may break through over the next 18months apart from burke but he's not a striker at club level.

Theres nobody. Everyone and everything is shit

18 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

what about strikers? Griffiths is our best striker since Mo Johnston, but what if he's injured? Chris Martin and Stevie May I suppose, but is that it?

That looks familiar.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Griffiths is pretty meh too, but relatively he's our best option.  Chris Martin now looks more confident and is a good second, "different" option.  Outside of that we're struggling.

Celtic with Dembele are so much more creative and threatening than Celtic with Griffiths.   Like Obi-Wan Kanobi, he's our only hope though.  Griffiths, Martin and, if he can get regular club time, Naismith are their only strikers capable of playing international football.  

If Scotland could field a team made up of left backs, wingers and attacking central midfielders, they'd be fine.  

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Celtic with Dembele are so much more creative and threatening than Celtic with Griffiths.   Like Obi-Wan Kanobi, he's our only hope though.  Griffiths, Martin and, if he can get regular club time, Naismith are their only strikers capable of playing international football.  

If Scotland could field a team made up of left backs, wingers and attacking central midfielders, they'd be fine.  

I just hope for Griffiths sake he escapes the messiah complex we often foist on players.  In his younger days, he was a wee arsehole, no question, and probably still is deep down.  But he's knuckled down by the looks of it, and although he could still cut down on a lot of the stupid things he does and work harder, he's certainly improved in that regard and he's getting the rewards.  It would be a shame to see him end up treated like Kenny Miller - always giving his best, but never quite able to live up to the ridiculous standards some have imagined up.

He's a good player, capable of very good, but nothing more than that.  He's our first choice striker in lieu of better options.

8 minutes ago, forameus said:

I just hope for Griffiths sake he escapes the messiah complex we often foist on players.  In his younger days, he was a wee arsehole, no question, and probably still is deep down.  But he's knuckled down by the looks of it, and although he could still cut down on a lot of the stupid things he does and work harder, he's certainly improved in that regard and he's getting the rewards.  It would be a shame to see him end up treated like Kenny Miller - always giving his best, but never quite able to live up to the ridiculous standards some have imagined up.

Kenny Miller was a great servant for Scotland even if he wasn't the greatest player.

I see Griffiths as a similar player, although a better finisher than Miller was. I hope we don't come to rely on him too much and we really need to unearth another goalscorer. 

12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Kenny Miller was a great servant for Scotland even if he wasn't the greatest player.

I see Griffiths as a similar player, although a better finisher than Miller was. I hope we don't come to rely on him too much and we really need to unearth another goalscorer. 

Would be nice if we could unearth another striker, I think Griffiths if he stays injury free will become 1 of scotlands all time top scorers.  I like the fact with him he can produce goals from free kicks looks like he can score them everytime we get 1 lately, I can't remember us ever having a free kick taker as good as him.

How's Griffiths an arsehole? Just seems like a normal lad, made mistakes yeah but seems like a really good guy. Cracking player too, first one we've had capable of doing something from nothing since Faddy.

Telling people of Asian heritage, born and raised in Edinburgh to “get back to your own country” is not normal, or a simple mistake, or the sign of a “really good guy”.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Telling people of Asian heritage, born and raised in Edinburgh to “get back to your own country” is not normal, or a simple mistake, or the sign of a “really good guy”.

Ffs your another snowflake who's never said anything wrong in your life.

Of course it’s not, it’s the sign of a poor upbringing and a questionable circle of friends.
He’s made of his career what Riordan could have if he’d knuckled down and ditched the persecution complex.

Archived