Aberdeen v Celtic - 25/10/17

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one in this league can seem to find a way to stop Celtic playing out from the back - until that happens or Celtic's coaching standard drops with Rodgers leaving, they'll continue to cruise games in 2nd/3rd gear. Totally unrecognisable from Deila's shitshow.

Saints managed for 50-60 minutes to pressure Celtic high up the pitch but just ended up hemmed in knackered for the last 30 minutes.

It's depressing how much better Celtic have been than the second best side in the league.

9 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

No one in this league can seem to find a way to stop Celtic playing out from the back - until that happens or Celtic's coaching standard drops with Rodgers leaving, they'll continue to cruise games in 2nd/3rd gear. Totally unrecognisable from Deila's shitshow.

The only way to stop it is too press them high up. With zero pace at the back that'd be asking for trouble.  

Far too much space being left for Shinnie,  McLean and O'conner to cover. 

Wright on for Rooney at half time would at least give us an out ball.

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

This was a chance for Aberdeen to lay down a marker for the season. Joint top with a full house at home and theyve completely shat the bed. People can say Celtic have been good but the 2 goals the Dons have conceded have been totally avoidable

Can't agree with any of that. Celtic have played 60 games previous to this and not lost in Scotland. Have every one of those teams 'shat the bed'? I'm not sure why you're sounding  so angry even. Both goals were good goals which could have been defended better probably but that's why Celtic are the champions and the rest are not.  I'd like us to play better football but if the quality is not there we'll never do it! Unless Celtic have an off day. 

Celtic are far better than anyone in Scotland to such an extent even they must be bored. Then Celtic are poorer than most in the "Champions" League. Its how it is.
It's a money driven pecking order and a trend that gets bucked less and less as the months go by.
This isn't a shock. Celtic pumping anyone domestically is par for the course.

Tom English gets it right on the button I think:

"It's the best I've seen Celtic this season. They have been absolutely magnificent. It's the speed of thought, the speed of movement, everything is pin sharp. Dembele is having a profound impact on the match, Kieran Tierney has been exceptional. Celtic have a lot and Aberdeen don't have much, on this performance. Every one of the Celtic players look like they are up for it. This is the most clinical I've seen Celtic, not just this season but you could go back a bit of last season too."

I suppose we wait for Rodgers to f**k off when the inevitable  call from an EPL team comes in, hopefully the depression will deflate celtic enough to let someone in about them or maybe the manager of the second best team will believe enough in his players to actually have a fucking go at them

1 minute ago, EdTheDuck said:

I suppose we wait for Rodgers to f**k off when the inevitable  call from an EPL team comes in, hopefully the depression will deflate celtic enough to let someone in about them or maybe the manager of the second best team will believe enough in his players to actually have a fucking go at them

Everton would be a great job for Brendan. :thumsup2

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Why do the SFA think that beaming these one sided Celtic games across the globe is great for the game? How long until the TV companies have had enough? It's so boring.

So you suggest they never show Celtic games because Celtic are good? Sure people across the globe  would rather watch Dundee v Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Why do the SFA think that beaming these one sided Celtic games across the globe is great for the game? How long until the TV companies have had enough? It's so boring.

One day sometime in dark february , a last minute pen away to Hamilton or Ross Co ( or somebody) will pop the winning run .. Everybody will love it ..Then it will start over again..:lol:

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm pretty sure the TV companies get a say in the games and having the most popular teams on TV will get more viewers 

Just now, The Golden God said:

So you suggest they never show Celtic games because Celtic are good? Sure people across the globe  would rather watch Dundee v Motherwell.

My point is it's boring. Whats the fun in watching a game when you are 99% sure you know who the winner is?

Archived