Smacking Ban

7 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

^^

This

It doesn’t matter what you call it ( smack , tap, slap , etc) , or what your pathetic excuse is for justifying it .

If you do it you’re a total c**t 

I've got a bit of time before the law gets changed, I'll have to make the most of it.....

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Big difference in giving your kid a smack on the arse (or at the very least, the threat of one) and beating the shit out of them. The threat of a smacked arse when i got out of line was all my gran needed to keep me in check. So TBH all i see this ban doing is f**k all to the people who beat their kids.

They need to address the over the top spoiling of kids that happens these days. Lassie i used to work with would take pictures of all the Christmas Presents she would buy for her kid and we are talking 15-20 Medium or larger sized Christmas Presents for a single kid. My Cousin is just as bad, I love my Nephew hes a cool little dude but i know he is growing up into a spoiled little shit who is going to be an utter nightmare. His Bedroom is basically a bed, couple of cabinets for clothes and then the rest is just piles and piles of toys scattered everywhere, all over the floors, stacked up all over the place. Its fucking obscene. Nothing wrong with giving your kid toys ofc, but if you are basically just giving him toy after toy then he is gonna grow up to be an absolute brat and lets be honest, stuff like that is more and more common these days.

Is it? Or is it just more visible thanks to shit like Facebook and Twitter?

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

I love that digging deeper around some of the issues around this, or questioning of the smacking ban in general results in the suggestion that you're somehow advocating or complicit in bairns getting battered black and blue.

Polarised politics in 2017.

Reported for racism.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

I love that digging deeper around some of the issues around this, or questioning of the smacking ban in general results in the suggestion that you're somehow advocating or complicit in bairns getting battered black and blue.

Polarised politics in 2017.

Most on here understanding the smacking side haven't even revealed their hand yet.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Most on here understanding the smacking side haven't even revealed their hand yet.

Humour ?????

:lol:

You're right though, as asked earlier in the thread, there haven't been many of the anti-smackers who have called out their own parents as absolute ogre's who have ruined their lives and driven them to feel sooooooo passionately about the matter...... since a thread was posted on here.....

Prince+Georgeblackadder.gif

Och, I'm bored and enjoying the outrage.