Battle of the Brechin and Border Bumpkins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's fair to say our two most heralded signings have failed to live up to the hype.

In terms of goals yeah I'd agree at the moment Kane has lived up to the hype but I think his all round game is excellent. But ultimately he'll be judged by how many goals he gets.

Alan Martin I'm hoping will come good, I'm not one of his major critics as he did play through injury probably not his choice, and I've seen a difference in him at ICT and last week.

Hopefully we can give queens a better get than we did the first time round no doubt we will play 5 at the back and sit back the whole game. We need our first win why not just go for it

Everyone s gettin down about it now. Last week sickened me Morton were no great shakes yet we let them play whole game. I'm more irritated because we ve got decent players who are generally coping all we re lacking s a striker.We ll miss Big Mac at the back but enough cover. We now have 4 if not winnable games Games we can collect point s from ..

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Everyone s gettin down about it now. Last week sickened me Morton were no great shakes yet we let them play whole game. I'm more irritated because we ve got decent players who are generally coping all we re lacking s a striker.We ll miss Big Mac at the back but enough cover. We now have 4 if not winnable games Games we can collect point s from ..

Not everyone.  I know a lot who are still upbeat. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not everyone.  I know a lot who are still upbeat. 

What are they upbeat about it cannot be the style of football that we are currently playing, I know its a big step up in this league and we rightly  are not spending the money required but last week the 100% negative tactics was a farce against Morton who were pretty woeful.

16 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

What are they upbeat about it cannot be the style of football that we are currently playing, I know its a big step up in this league and we rightly  are not spending the money required but last week the 100% negative tactics was a farce against Morton who were pretty woeful.

Like most level  headed supporters they go each week in hope that this is going to be the game that we perform. .........Not with the negative intention to beat themselves up when things don't go to plan. 8)

If all else fails , the City Club is there to ease your pain . 

Like most level  headed supporters they go each week in hope that this is going to be the game that we perform. .........Not with the negative intention to beat themselves up when things don't go to plan. 8)

Na I think you ll find last week's tactics were poor . No one had a bad game but we were never going to score against poorest team we ve faced yet .
We re all upbeat course we are .But last week in the pub after s the first time I ve heard folk starting to get down about game plan. We ll all know why it s that way but we have to attack mate . Remember folk are still paying money to be entertained.
I m no Alex Ferguson but I know if we don't attack we re relegated.

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am hardly beating myself up just giving my honest opinion about our current style of play. I pay my money like the rest and would rather see us go down 5-2 having at least tried to entertain than another glorious negative narrow defeat.

Personally will not go into the "City Club" would rather give my money to the local pubs, it has already cost us a major sponsor !!

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I am hardly beating myself up just giving my honest opinion about our current style of play. I pay my money like the rest and would rather see us go down 5-2 having at least tried to entertain than another glorious negative narrow defeat.

Personally will not go into the "City Club" would rather give my money to the local pubs, it has already cost us a major sponsor !!

I understand the Morton game was woeful but I have witnessed quite a few games this season where we had a right go , the last one being the St Mirren game.  We were anything but  negative that day. 

There is hope. Opposing supporters have witnessed it too.  All we need is a bit more luck with final balls and of course someone who is prepared to shoot at any opportunity...............and most of all a referee not afraid to favour the " smaller "  team . 

Who is the major sponsor we lost due to the City Club opening BTW ? 

Normally don't feel confident at Brechin due to the size of the pitch. But given our complete lack of width I don't think it'll hinder our gameplan and am more confident than usual. A game we need to win to keep clear of the bottom.

I had a dream last night we were beaten 1-0 thanks to a last minute goal. The abuse Naysmith took from myself and others was quite scary :o

Used to look forward to match day but not this season with Dodds negative tactics.More supporters getting pissed off now when will the committee wake up and smell the coffee.Also a poor show if fans would rather be in the mafia led City Club than support the team.

5 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

The manager once again ignores our best strike partnership for years as Dykes (2 goals in 14 appearances) starts ahead of Lyle (6 goals in 15 appearances).

As well as that other goal machine McFadden !

Does Del have some sort of injury we don't know about or is it the Manager sidelining yet another player with a long-standing connection to the Club ?

Not even in the squad for Montrose,  bit-part last week and, as far as I could see, not part of the open training session nor 1st teamers used in the U-20's.

It must be one or the other because there is absolutely no justification to leave him out based on his performance.

You want your strikers to score goals and he has delivered on that and not let us down in any way.

He also brings so much more to the team.

No-one links better with Dobbie nor can hold the ball up as well to bring others into play.

I would fully expect us to score and win today - serious issue if we don't -  and no doubt some people will use that to say the right team was selected.

I would say whatever happens Lyle's selection would only have enhanced it.

Nithsdale Wanderer is a complete roaster, and clearly trolling with his schtick about Naysmith having issues with Lyle.

The club don’t help themselves by keeping injuries a secret though.

The argument that it would somehow give our opponents an advantage is a weak one if you ask me.

Archived